Frequent Visitor

Meredith's Chocolate Orange Fudge

I was so excited to make Meredith's orange chocolate fudge.  Even after I followed her instructions perfectly, it was a dud.  It never set.  This is too expensive of a recipe for it to not turn out right.  It is more like a chocolate orange pudding.  Don't even try it.

Honored Contributor

Re: Meredith's Chocolate Orange Fudge

I have no luck making fudge, I gave up long ago.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

I've found that this recipe is pretty much foolproof:

3 cups semisweet chocolate chips (Ghirardelli are the best)

2 cups mini marshmallows

14 ounce can sweetened condensed milk

2 tbsp butter

pinch of salt

1 tsp orange extract

In microwave-safe bowl melt chocolate chips, marshmallows, milk, butter, and salt in 45-second intervals until smooth and creamy (stir in between intervals).  Stir in extract.

Spray 9"x9" pan with PAM.  Spread fudge in pan, cover with plastic wrap, and refrigerate 1-2 hours. 

Respected Contributor

@deepwaterdotter wrote:

I've found that this recipe is pretty much foolproof:

3 cups semisweet chocolate chips (Ghirardelli are the best)

2 cups mini marshmallows

14 ounce can sweetened condensed milk

2 tbsp butter

pinch of salt

1 tsp orange extract

In microwave-safe bowl melt chocolate chips, marshmallows, milk, butter, and salt in 45-second intervals until smooth and creamy (stir in between intervals).  Stir in extract.

Spray 9"x9" pan with PAM.  Spread fudge in pan, cover with plastic wrap, and refrigerate 1-2 hours. 

I make a fudge that’s very close to this one and like to make it in silicone molds. There’s no need to spray them and they come in so many different shapes. Just refrigerate until you’re ready to serve them or put in a gift basket. 

Regular Contributor

Tried this easy one for Christmas...family loved it...quite easy to make

Nutella Fudge

11 oz. Milk chocolate chips

1/2 cup Nutella. (Don't be tempted to add more)

14 oz. Can sweetened condensed milk....don't scrape out the can

1 teaspoon vanilla

Line 8x8 pan with foil (I also sprayed it with cooking spray)

Combine all ingredients in a medium saucepan over low heat, stirring constantly until

Melted.  Pour into pan and chill for at least four hours.  Cut and store in an airtight pan.  Will keep up to two weeks.

Respected Contributor

https://www.meredithlaurence.com/recipes/chocolate-orange-fudge/

Here is the link to the OPs fudge. I don't find the recipe expensive unless you are making a ton of it. With any new recipe, you should do a test batch first. The recipe seems pretty basic. I can just suggest that you got it too hot during the first phase. It says to bring it to a boil, then reduce and stir regularly. Stirring is key to making the fudge. You do have to stir very frequently.
Honored Contributor

I always make the tried & true Original Fantasy Fudge recipe.

Always turns out.

I used Ghirardelli Bittersweet Chocolate this year. It was so creamy yummy. I like it better made with the bittersweet chocolate.

I also like the same recipe but made with peanut butter chips.