Respected Contributor

@fthunt wrote:

Thanks for posting but think I'll pass.  No egg  - no onion (and I know many people can't - don't eat onions).  Thin carrot slices isn't going to give it much of a    jump - & sour cream ZZZ

I didn't see the beginning of show so had no idea what was in it.  Chris didn't appear too excited when she nibbled her fav mom's ML.

@fthunt: I felt the same way when I read Chris' recipe. I realize there are probably a million and one ways to make a meatloaf. But, I need more than 4 ingredients to make my meatloaf more flavorable. I add an egg, chopped onions, bell pepper, celery (if I have it on hand), minced garlic, catsup or pasta sauce, salt, pepper, basil and breadcrumbs.

Respected Contributor

I can not imagine a meatloaf with no onion, or egg or some type of bread crumb...  And sour cream??   Don't think I could eat this...   When I saw it in the baking dish on the show, I thought that that was the whitest meatloaf I've ever seen... Now I know why...

Respected Contributor

It looks like David's recipes is back up..  Here's Chris's meatloaf recipe:

Ingredients:

• 2 lbs lean ground beef
  • 2 cups crushed saltines (or 1 sleeve)
  • 1 (16-oz) container sour cream
  • 1 cup grated carrots
  • 1 (10.75-oz) can cream of mushroom soup
  • 1 cup milk
  • 1 (4-oz) can sliced mushrooms, drained

Preparation:

• Preheat oven to 350°F.

• Mix together the ground beef, saltines, sour cream, and carrots in a large bowl. Form the mixture into a loaf and place in a 9" x 13" baking dish.

• In a small bowl, mix together the cream of mushroom soup, milk, and sliced mushrooms. Pour this sauce over the meatloaf.

• Cover the meatloaf with foil and bake for 45 minutes. Remove the foil and bake for another 45–60 minutes, or until the internal temperature is 165°F. 
Respected Contributor
That looks blah to me, too, but I'm not the meat-eater in the house, anyway. However, this one of David's, "Meatloaf with Mashed Potato Topping" looks delicious lol:

https://www.qvc.com/MeatLoafWithMashedPotatoTopping.content.html?viewType

What worries you masters you.
Valued Contributor

This is an eazy weight watchers recipe my daughter gave me . I don'tknow the points or anything but if you are a working mom . This is for you

. One box  of stove top stuffing [small box =I think 6 oz.]

1 and 1/2 pounds of hamburger 

2 eggs 

1 cup water

mix together and bake T 350 approx 1 hour . Keep check last 15 min .

You can add tomatoe sauce over top befor baking or instead of water. I add 1/4  cup parmesean cheese to mix [not in original recipe] I also pour 1/2 of a jar of beef gravy over the top . Eazy and quick .

cathy from ma

Honored Contributor

I've been making meatloaf for the past 40 years. I've never really liked it. I thought I'd do an internet search and found Cracker Barrels meatloaf recipe. It was absolutely fabulous! It's taken me 40 years to find a tasty meatloaf. Yay! 

"Pure Michigan"
Frequent Contributor

I have been making this for years, as a matter of fact I am making this tonight for supper. It also makes good sandwiches for the next day.

Lipton "Souperior" Meat Loaf

1 pkg soup mix

2 lbs 80 percent lean ground beef

3/4 cup plain dry bread crumbs (I use seasoned)

2 eggs

3/4 cup water

1/3 cup ketchup

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Combine all ingredients in large bowl.  Shape into loaf on 13 x 9 foil lined baking or roasting pan (I use a cookie sheet pan sprayed with 

Pam for easy cleanup)  Top with ketchup if desired. Bake 1 hour or until done. Let stand 10 minutes.