Honored Contributor
On 11/30/2014 sidsmom said:
On 11/30/2014 HonnyBrown said:

My household eats vegetarians.

Again, I gave it that name because I left out the cheese from the original recipe. I had to call it something else and didn't consider chicken soup as meat.

PS....chicken is a meat. If defined 'vegetarian', one does not eat meat, dairy or eggs. Vegetarianism 101.

I thought chicken was poultry, not a meat. Vegetarians and vegans do not eat anything with a face, or came from any living "thing", so to speak.

Honored Contributor
On 11/30/2014 Ladybug724 said:

Vegetarians can still eat dairy products and eggs. It is vegans that don't eat any animal products or by-products. They are very strict.

You are right by today's politically correct terminology. LOL! However, going back to the 60's there was no "vegan" If you were a vegetarian you did not eat meat, fish, poultry, or any bi product from a living thing. This includes eggs, milk, butter, etc.

Then in the late 70's many vegetarians added by products, like eggs butter, cheese because everything was so seasonal, it was hard to come by most produce at any time. It was a technicality about the "having a face" thing. A new group of foodies was born. This was a huge division in the label "vegetarian". I think the word vegan, pescatarian, etc are words from the early to mid 1980's.

Esteemed Contributor
On 11/30/2014 birkin baby said: Not everyone who eats meatless meals is a vegetarian.Many do this once a week to save money. I think it sounds really delicious. But I am one who likes a tater tot and " cream of anything " soups. I think as adults,we ALL know some recipes are not as healthy as others...No need for getting on a soapbox and trashing someone's recipe. This should be one forum category where everyone is kind. If you don't like the recipe,for whatever reason , don't put it in your files. The people who share their recipes here are not trying to force anyone to cook it. It's a recipe swap...not a nutritionist visit.

{#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

I think this recipe sounds delicious. I would use cream of celery soup in it.

Esteemed Contributor
On 11/30/2014 Sooner said:

It's kids eating ONE meal at mom's house. Everyone should relax about this. It's just silly to pick it to pieces like this.

Thank you sooner.

This was a fun, quick to prepare dish that everyone liked for breakfast.

My family enjoyed, and for those who choose to make it, I hope yours will also!

Get your flu shot...because I didn't.
Respected Contributor
I have the perfect name for this dish, and it's not even cocktail time! Let's call it " La Creme de Poulet avec Pommes de Terre sans Bouef" That sounds elegant, doesn't it? Poodlepet2
Esteemed Contributor

La Creme de Poulet avec Pommes de Terre sans Bouef

PoodlePet, I absolutely love it! But my French is rusty. All I can decipher is: Cream of __ with Potatoes of __ without Beef?

I'm going to make it again this weekend with a few changes:

I'm going to use a simmer sauce instead of soup;

I'm going to add a layer of lean ground pork;

I'm going to use light sour cream;

instead of butter, I'm going to use a flavored oil.

Respected Contributor
Ok, we have "cream of chicken with potatoes WITHOUT beef. I thought it should be mentioned that it has no beef because of the meat controversy- and anything in French sounds elegant, right? Now we can call it "La Creme de Poulet avec Pommes de Terre et Cochin" (pork). That really sounds elegant and so gourmet! Oooh la la! Poodlepet2
Respected Contributor
PS, there is a funny thread on Viewpoints about a woman who was kicked off a domestic flight because of the behavior of her "support" pig. Pigs should be eaten and not flown....just sayin' Poodlepet2
Esteemed Contributor
On 12/1/2014 Poodlepet2 said: Ok, we have "cream of chicken with potatoes WITHOUT beef. I thought it should be mentioned that it has no beef because of the meat controversy- and anything in French sounds elegant, right? Now we can call it "La Creme de Poulet avec Pommes de Terre et Cochin" (pork). That really sounds elegant and so gourmet! Oooh la la! Poodlepet2

Oh, duh! poulet = chicken! I know that {#emotions_dlg.blush}

Yeah, this wasn't a debate about meat. I don't know what it was. Nor do I want to!

I'm going to enjoy the dish when I make it again!

Honored Contributor

It sounds pretty good but I wouldn't enjoy it, knowing the ingredients and how unhealthy it is.