Esteemed Contributor

No, the stuffing isn't necessary. It adds crunch and a topping. If you leave out the stuffing, don't use the butter. It will still taste yummy!

Get your flu shot...because I didn't.
Super Contributor
On 11/30/2014 HonnyBrown said:

No, the stuffing isn't necessary. It adds crunch and a topping. If you leave out the stuffing, don't use the butter. It will still taste yummy!

Thanks for the tip about the butter! I definitely plan to try this recipe out.

Respected Contributor

I think it's fine for people to post recipes that are rich - just as it's fine to post recipes that are lowfat, or complicated, or easy, or meatless, or whatever.

Something for everyone.

The trouble with editorializing about the suitability of a recipe is that it can turn off people who want to post recipes - and those who want to try them.

Respected Contributor
Not everyone who eats meatless meals is a vegetarian.Many do this once a week to save money. I think it sounds really delicious. But I am one who likes a tater tot and " cream of anything " soups. I think as adults,we ALL know some recipes are not as healthy as others...No need for getting on a soapbox and trashing someone's recipe. This should be one forum category where everyone is kind. If you don't like the recipe,for whatever reason , don't put it in your files. The people who share their recipes here are not trying to force anyone to cook it. It's a recipe swap...not a nutritionist visit.
Honored Contributor
On 11/30/2014 sidsmom said:

My household eats vegetarians.

Again, I gave it that name because I left out the cheese from the original recipe. I had to call it something else and didn't consider chicken soup as meat.

PS....chicken is a meat. If defined 'vegetarian', one does not eat meat, dairy or eggs. Vegetarianism 101.

You should take the remedial class.

My bad...you're right...I was speaking in generalities. Maybe there's a better a better way to break this down:

Technically there isn't a stand-alone 'vegetarian'....it's broken down as such:

Vegan: no animal or animal by-products either eaten or used
Ovo-vegetarian: no meat, but includes eggs
Lacto-vegetarian: no meat, but includes dairy
Pescatarian: no meat, but includes fish
Pollotarian: no meat, but includes chicken
Lacto-Ovo vegetarian: the most common practice
CondensedChickenSoupatarian: See OP...I don't think condensed soup of any flavor is real food, so it deserves a category for itself. =:0

Unfortunately no matter what 'atarian' it falls within, it's waaay too high in fat for any diet. That's where many 'vegetarians' get lost...'I just had a salad' and it's 70% fat. So many fat vegetarian/vegans out there. Hopefully your step-sons are smart about this (on their own) & don't fall within my previous description.

Esteemed Contributor
On 11/30/2014 birkin baby said: Not everyone who eats meatless meals is a vegetarian.Many do this once a week to save money. I think it sounds really delicious. But I am one who likes a tater tot and " cream of anything " soups. I think as adults,we ALL know some recipes are not as healthy as others...No need for getting on a soapbox and trashing someone's recipe. This should be one forum category where everyone is kind. If you don't like the recipe,for whatever reason , don't put it in your files. The people who share their recipes here are not trying to force anyone to cook it. It's a recipe swap...not a nutritionist visit.

Well stated, birkin, thank you!

Get your flu shot...because I didn't.
Honored Contributor

My household eats vegetarians.

Again, I gave it that name because I left out the cheese from the original recipe. I had to call it something else and didn't consider chicken soup as meat.

PS....chicken is a meat. If defined 'vegetarian', one does not eat meat, dairy or eggs. Vegetarianism 101.

You should take the remedial class.

My bad...you're right...I was speaking in generalities. Maybe there's a better a better way to break this down:

Technically there isn't a stand-alone 'vegetarian'....it's broken down as such:

Vegan: no animal or animal by-products either eaten or used
Ovo-vegetarian: no meat, but includes eggs
Lacto-vegetarian: no meat, but includes dairy
Pescatarian: no meat, but includes fish
Pollotarian: no meat, but includes chicken
Lacto-Ovo vegetarian: the most common practice
CondensedChickenSoupatarian: See OP...I don't think condensed soup of any flavor is real food, so it deserves a category for itself. =:0

Unfortunately no matter what 'atarian' it falls within, it's waaay too high in fat for any diet. That's where many 'vegetarians' get lost...'I just had a salad' and it's 70% fat. So many fat vegetarian/vegans out there. Hopefully your step-sons are smart about this (on their own) & don't fall within my previous description.

It's kids eating ONE meal at mom's house. Everyone should relax about this. It's just silly to pick it to pieces like this.

Honored Contributor
It sounds delicious! I agree that there is no reason to pick this apart. Honny is sharing a dish she made for her kids, and nothing more. I personally would like to make it. Thanks for sharing.
Super Contributor

Jesus H Christ.

Good for you honny, for taking the time to make your sons a meal.

Super Contributor

You can't start at the end of where you want to be.

Things take time and practice sids. If someone where new to your (and albeit my) particular W.O.E. you may come off has dis-encouraging!

Take a step back from the ledge sister.