Esteemed Contributor

You just reminded me, I forgot to put the peas in the stir fry.

Mushrooms are always good! Thanks for the idea! I didn't forget to add those to the stir fry.

In your opinion, does the condensed soup flavor make a difference? Does celery add a different flavor over chicken?

Get your flu shot...because I didn't.
Esteemed Contributor

Of course, Honny, I will post (if I remember) what worked as a modification of this recipe. Ideas spring ideas - thank you for posting this. Much of the time I just cook what I have in the house. Right now the rosemary in my garden is still tasty, and yum, freshens up every dish I put it in.

Cogito ergo sum
Esteemed Contributor

Sweetbay, you are very welcome!

I use fresh rosemary for heavy meat dishes because it's so strong. I would love to know how you incorporate it into this dish.

Get your flu shot...because I didn't.
Respected Contributor

The cream of celery gives a savory flavor, a deeper veggie flavor. Chicken doesn't seem to add as much of an earthy flavor. Cream of mushroom is also is an earthy flavor.

Super Contributor
On 12/3/2014 Sooner said:
On 12/1/2014 Poodlepet2 said: You know what? This is a cooking forum and be it here or and "Kitchen and Food", I am tired of those who inform us they would never cook this way, it's unhealthy... they are worried about obesity, salt, sugar ad nauseam. I propose that they A) campaign QVC for a "Healthy Cooking and Eating " topic.....or there are plenty of web-sites out there that cater to specific needs, whatever they may be. We are grown-ups here, we are not asking for your opinions or your health advice.....why don't you seek out your own kind? Here, I think we are just a humble group who love food, special occasions and friendship and family. There are certainly those who fancy themselves superior to our Plebian tastes....well, don't waste your time here.....go flock with the other "superior" echelons. Poodlepet2

Sorry but if we ARE grownups here, we should be tolerant of people expressing their opinions, good or bad, unless they are mean about it. It is fine for someone to day "Oh gosh I wouldn't eat that with so much fat" or suggest healthier alternatives if they do it in a polite and not mean way.

These boards are about different views, likes, lifestyles and ways of thinking. And that's a good thing as long as you don't put down others for their views. And no like-minded group of people have a right to dominate any of these boards or dismiss others for their differing viewpoints.

You are definitely unclear on the concept. A lot of the people who like to spew on the forums try to bring it here to the Recipe Forum. But, generally speaking, we are beyond that. We are a recipe forum, one that has room for appropriate discussion. What someone does or doesn't like is best expressed by saying you like it, or not commenting if you don't. In other words, common courtesy, not the poor excuse of "we're all adults" used to insult the efforts of others. This has traditionally been a place of encouragement, not disparagement. Used to be we had a lot more participation, too. But some have stated they left because of the badmouthing that sometimes occurs. It nearly always occurs from people who have whole lot more negative opinions than recipes to share. I'm not at all interested in what others don't like. This forum would be helped a lot, and not hurt at all by the disappearance of the 'mere opinions'. So tiresome. jmo

Super Contributor
On 12/6/2014 Beebee2 said:
On 12/3/2014 Sooner said:
On 12/1/2014 Poodlepet2 said: You know what? This is a cooking forum and be it here or and "Kitchen and Food", I am tired of those who inform us they would never cook this way, it's unhealthy... they are worried about obesity, salt, sugar ad nauseam. I propose that they A) campaign QVC for a "Healthy Cooking and Eating " topic.....or there are plenty of web-sites out there that cater to specific needs, whatever they may be. We are grown-ups here, we are not asking for your opinions or your health advice.....why don't you seek out your own kind? Here, I think we are just a humble group who love food, special occasions and friendship and family. There are certainly those who fancy themselves superior to our Plebian tastes....well, don't waste your time here.....go flock with the other "superior" echelons. Poodlepet2

Sorry but if we ARE grownups here, we should be tolerant of people expressing their opinions, good or bad, unless they are mean about it. It is fine for someone to day "Oh gosh I wouldn't eat that with so much fat" or suggest healthier alternatives if they do it in a polite and not mean way.

These boards are about different views, likes, lifestyles and ways of thinking. And that's a good thing as long as you don't put down others for their views. And no like-minded group of people have a right to dominate any of these boards or dismiss others for their differing viewpoints.

You are definitely unclear on the concept. A lot of the people who like to spew on the forums try to bring it here to the Recipe Forum. But, generally speaking, we are beyond that. We are a recipe forum, one that has room for appropriate discussion. What someone does or doesn't like is best expressed by saying you like it, or not commenting if you don't. In other words, common courtesy, not the poor excuse of "we're all adults" used to insult the efforts of others. This has traditionally been a place of encouragement, not disparagement. Used to be we had a lot more participation, too. But some have stated they left because of the badmouthing that sometimes occurs. It nearly always occurs from people who have whole lot more negative opinions than recipes to share. I'm not at all interested in what others don't like. This forum would be helped a lot, and not hurt at all by the disappearance of the 'mere opinions'. So tiresome. jmo