Frequent Contributor

Does anyone have Mary Beth’s recipe for potatoe salad?  Some just mentioned it on Qvc. Would love to try it. Thank you in advance.

Honored Contributor

Re: Mary Beth’s potato salad

@arubakathy  I don't have her recipe but once you peel and cut up your potatoes add some Italian salad dressing (like Wish Bone or Good Seasons) just enough to coat the potatoes and then refrigerate or an 1 hr. or 2.  Then add:

Chopped onion, celery, green pepper (optional).  Salt & pepper to taste. Then Mayonnaise & a little mustard and once you mix all together, add cooked chopped eggs and mix together.  Enjoy.

kindness is strength
Frequent Contributor

@Katcat1 Thanks for that recipe. I will try it, it sounds delish and it's someting a little different from my other recipe. thanks again

Honored Contributor

Deli potato salad is so expensive. The recipe offered here is simple and can easily be adjusted for personal tastes. Today, I made three pounds of broccoli/cauliflower salad for a fraction of the cost at our deli.
Esteemed Contributor

Ina Garten has a great potato salad recipe. I also saw somewhere on the boards someone else just mentioned this. Google it. 🇺🇸🇺🇸

Honored Contributor

Potato salad is now 4.99 a lb. in our delis.  Mine is better, anyway.  I made up a big bunch yesterday that should last through the weekend.  Now I'm on the hunt for Ina's and Mary Beth's recipes.  I have those cookbooks around here somewhere.  

Super Contributor

In her cookbook the recipe is as follows:

Easy Potato Salad

1/2 cup mayo, 1/2 cup sour cream, 1/2 salt, 1/2 tsp mustard,1/2 cup finely chopped onions, dash of peper 4 large potatoes boiled and cubed, 2-3 hard boiled eggs, 1 cup of celery. Mix together mayo, sour cream, salt, mustard, onion and pepper, Stir in potatoes,eggs and celery, Chill at least one hour (even overnight) before serving.

Honored Contributor

Does anyone know how many this recipe serves? TIA!

Trusted Contributor

No EGGS in my potato salad please, either make egg salad or potato....

Just IMO....

Honored Contributor

What kind of potatoes are best for potato salad?  I know "new potatoes" but of course they're not sold as such in the supermarket,.