Valued Contributor

I am planning on making Mary Beth's Shrimp Dip from her first cookbook (My Family's Favorites) this Sunday and was wondering if anyone has made it and if you liked it?  Or, if you have a easy and cold shrimp dip recipe that you love and would you share it?  I have a number of things I am making and trying to keep it simple and not have too much stuff I have to cook prior to serving.  Thanks in advance!

Honored Contributor

Re: Mary Beth's Shrimp Dip

[ Edited ]

@coconut1818

I have never made her shrimp dip (I don't have the book).

I did make this one & it was very good. I did add chopped jalapenos to it because we like things spicy.

Oh, I just noticed you said "cold dip". Sorry!

Hot Crab Dip - Mary Beth

Ingredients:

2 8-oz. packages of cream cheese (room temperature)
2 cans jumbo lump crab meat
1/2 cup onions, finely chopped
1 tsp. horseradish
2 tsp. milk
1 small bag slivered almonds
Dash of paprika

Directions:

Drain crabmeat as much as possible. In a medium bowl, mix cream cheese, onion, milk, and horseradish until creamy. Add crabmeat and mix gently.

Spread into a 9-inch square pan or dish into pie plate. Sprinkle with almonds and paprika. Bake at 375°F for approximately 15 minutes or until bubbly.

Serve with garlic melba toast, tortilla chips, or crackers that don't break easily.

Valued Contributor

Chilipepper, that sounds great!  I will keep it for future use!  Thank you so much.  Smiley Happy

Contributor

This is my go-to recipe:

Susan’s Shrimp Dip

1-8oz cream cheese, softened
4T cocktail sauce
½ cup mayonnaise
1 T instant minced onion-or scallions, thinly sliced-I use a combination of both
1/2 t Old Bay-or to taste
1-2 cans small or medium shrimp-Can add medium precooked shrimp..I use one can
Crackers

Cream together cream cheese and cocktail sauce until smooth. Add mayo, onion, and Old Bay and scallion

Drain and rinse shrimp. Stir it into the cream cheese mixture. Cover and chill.

I would top it with some shrimp if I had some left and some thinly sliced scallion.

Cocktail sauce: Mix about 3T ketchup with 1T horseradish sauce. I sometimes add a drop of Worcestershire sauce and a drop of lemon juice if I have it

Valued Contributor

Thank you, Annie 315.  I will definitely be trying it this holiday season!!!

Valued Contributor

Well I made Mary Beth's recipe and it was nothing to write home about, no disrespect to Mary Beth.  Just thought I would let you know and happy I got a couple recipes out of the post.  Merry Christmas everyone!