Honored Contributor

Martha Stewart's 3-Ingredient Chicken Kebabs Are an Easy BBQ Hit

We love kabobs and we love thai food Heart will be making  this recipe next weekend

"An extra quick way to cook chicken on the grill? Kebabs! We brushed these chicken thighs with a mixture of red curry paste and ground cashews for these Thai-inspired skewers. Grill and serve over a quick and refreshing rice noodle salad for a delicious summer dinner. Grab the full recipe at the link in bio,” Stewart captioned the post."

The full dish actually has more than just three recipe ingredients — but that’s only because Stewart recommends serving the kebabs on a bed of vermicelli rice noodles and vegetables for a balanced meal. The kebabs themselves require just roasted cashews and red curry paste — in addition to the chicken thighs, of course. Those two easy-to-find ingredients will impart big flavor. So simple!

You’ll also need wooden skewers to make the actual kebabs — and remember to soak the skewers in water before threading the chicken on and putting on the grill.

Stewart encourages you to try out different variations of the recipe by substituting peanuts or almonds for cashews. However you make them, these skewers are highly versatile and can be served with other side dishes such as grilled sweet potatoes and asparagus salad, to make a meal suited to your family’s tastes — and what you have in your fridge.

Cashew-Chicken Kebabs

To make the sauce for these thai inspired kebabs, simply pulse cashews and curry paste together with water. Consider using other nuts, too, like peanuts or almonds for future dinners

1. Screenshot_2020-08-09-14-40-17.png

Ingredients
  • 1 1/2 cups unsalted roasted cashews, plus more, chopped, for serving
  • 3 to 4 tablespoons red curry paste (depending on desired heat)
  • 4 boneless, skinless chicken thighs (1 1/4 pounds total), cut into 1 1/2-inch pieces
  • Kosher salt
  • 8 ounces vermicelli rice noodles, broken in half
  • 1 English cucumber
  • 2 large carrots, peeled
  • Safflower oil, for brushing
  • 1 cup shredded iceberg lettuce
  • Lime wedges, for serving

Directions

• Step 1

Soak eight 8-inch wooden skewers in water 15 minutes. In a food processor, pulse cashews with curry paste and 3/4 cup water until smooth. Combine 1 cup of cashew mixture with 1/3 cup water. Toss chicken with remaining mixture; lightly season with salt. Meanwhile, bring a large pot of water to a boil. Cook noodles until just tender, about 2 minutes; drain. Rinse with cold water; drain well.

• Step 2

With a vegetable peeler or mandoline, shave cucumber and carrots into wide, paper-thin ribbons. Heat a grill or grill pan to medium-high; lightly brush with oil. Thread chicken onto skewers; grill, in batches if needed, 6 to 8 minutes per side, transferring to a plate as done. Serve, with noodles, lettuce, cucumber, carrots, cashew sauce, chopped cashews, and lime wedges.

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Martha Stewart's 3-Ingredient Chicken Kebabs Are an Easy BBQ Hit

Looks good! Thanks for sharing! 😊

I've never used curry paste, so this should be interesting. I love all the nuts mentioned, but will probably use cashews. Will try it out this week.

Honored Contributor

@wildcat fan wrote:

Looks good! Thanks for sharing! 😊

I've never used curry paste, so this should be interesting. I love all the nuts mentioned, but will probably use cashews. Will try it out this week.

@wildcat fan  - I've purchased red curry paste at the local grocery stores, nothing in this recipe needs to be hunted down at a specialty store. Enjoy!

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Esteemed Contributor

Thanks, always looking for chicken.  Like the curry idea.

Honored Contributor

So I tried this recipe and really--don't bother with it. Just made the cashew sauce to put the chick thighs in and that was ok---but the sauce is bland and I ended up having to really tweak it to make it taste kind of good---and I mean I added about 5 or 6 extra things to it like sugar and soy sauce and hoisin sauce and even coconut milk and a few others,  still it was just---meh!!! Served it with rice and fresh green beans. Did cook the thighs in the airfryer tho---but don't waste your time or money.