Super Contributor

Maple Sage Brined Stuffed Pork Chops

Hi Swappers,
A local tv show had this chef on the program today demonstrating this recipe. It looks so good and got a big reaction from the hosts. They said it was very good and perfect for a Holiday dinner. Thought I would share with you pork lovers! Susan

Sorry about the messy post. I tried to eliminate the clutter but I couldn't.

/></p> <div id=

width= width="245"> width= <table> <tr> <td style="background-image: url(/tcliveimages/cs/header03.jpg);" width="140" valign="top"><script src="http://www.kstp.com/includes/FlexTemp.js" type="text/javascript"> </script> <table style="margin-top: 10px; margin-left: 25px;" border="0" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2"> <tbody> <tr> <td width="35" align="center"> /></a></td> <td align=Currently<br /><script type="text/javascript"> </script> 16°F<br /></td> </tr> </tbody> </table> </td> </tr> </table>
<!-- End div id "Navigation" -->
<!-- Begin div id "wrapperBody" -->
<!-- Begin div class "gutter" (left margin) -->
<!-- End div class "gutter" (left margin) -->
<!-- Begin div id "wrapperColumn1" -->
<!-- Begin div class "column1" (#1) -->
<!-- End div class "column1" (#1) -->
<!-- Begin div class "column1" (#2) -->

Corporate Chef for Taher, Matt Quist, uses an unlikely ingredient to create a delicious stuffed pork chop recipe.

Yield: 4 servings

Maple Sage Brine:
1/3 gallon Water
2 oz. Kosher Salt
2 each Bay Leaf
1/2 oz. Worcestershire
1/4 tsp Black Peppercorns
2 oz. Fresh Sage
10 oz. Maple Syrup

Method:
Add all ingredients except maple syrup to sauce pan and bring to a simmer. Simmer for 3minutes then shut off heat and add maple syrup. Cool in fridge until room temp then add chops for 24 hours. Next day remove chops from brine and pat dry until completely dry and discard brine.

Stuffed Pork Chops:
12 oz (4 each) Bone in Pork Chops
4 oz. Nueske's Bacon diced raw
4 oz Granny Smith Apples peeled and diced small
1 oz Green Onion sliced thin
4 oz Smoked Gouda Cheese

Method:
Cut pocket into side of chop making a pocket. Using saute pan par cook bacon until light golden brown. Next add apples and onions cooking until soft approx. 60 seconds. Remove from stove and cool well then add diced gouda cheese. Next stuff at least 2oz. of stuffing in each chop. Place on hot grill or sear in hot pan and remove from heat and finish in oven at 400 degrees until internal temp is 150 degrees. Serve immediately with your favorite starch and vegetable.

</tbody> </table> <!-- End div class "column1" (#2) -->
<table border="0" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="3"> <tbody> <tr> <td class="PublishDate"><!-- AddThis Button BEGIN --><script type="text/javascript"> </script> Bookmark and Share <script src="http://s7.addthis.com/js/152/addthis_widget.js" type="text/javascript"> </script> <!-- AddThis Button END --> Posted: 12/07/2010 12:56 PM | /> Print Story</a></td> </tr> </tbody> </table> </td> </tr> <tr> <td class=
Maple Sage Brined Stuffed Pork Chops
Honored Contributor

Re: Maple Sage Brined Stuffed Pork Chops

sue-p.....so good to see you again!  Thanks for recipe!  Hope to see you more often.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@sue-p thank you so much for this recipe as it sounds delicious and right up my alley.  Somewhere in that frozen tundra I call my freezer I know I have bone in chops and will try this recipe with them.

It is so great to see your post this morning, really made my day.  Hope you can check back in from time to time as many people always enjoy you and your wonderful recipes!  Smiley Happy

Contributor

I was really excited to see sue-p posting again, but then I saw it was dated from 2010.  I miss seeing her posts, too.  She had some really great recipes that she shared over the years.

Gr8Auntie

Honored Contributor

Oh yes @sue-p, it truly IS so good to see you again!

And what a recipe you have shared with us!  Goodness!  I love every single ingredient!

I can not wait to try this!

Thank you!!!

Honored Contributor

@Gr8Auntie wrote:

I was really excited to see sue-p posting again, but then I saw it was dated from 2010.  I miss seeing her posts, too.  She had some really great recipes that she shared over the years.

Gr8Auntie

@Gr8Auntie

hmm..you are right!  It does say 2010 at the top of the subject line.  I was so excited to see sue-p that I didn't even notice.

I don't know how it reappeared from 2010.  I thought it was a new post.

Either way...I wasn't here in 2010 and am very thankful to have this POP up!

Sounds delicious, doesn't it?!!

Honored Contributor

@RespectLife wrote:

@Gr8Auntie wrote:

Gr8Auntie

@Gr8Auntie

hmm..you are right!  It does say 2010 at the top of the subject line.  I was so excited to see sue-p that I didn't even notice.

I don't know how it reappeared from 2010.  I thought it was a new post.

Either way...I wasn't here in 2010 and am very thankful to have this POP up!

Sounds delicious, doesn't it?!!

@RespectLife

@Gr8Auntie

I didn't even think to look at the date since sue-p was the original poster . . . bummer (but a great recipe) . . . I wonder how these things pop up like this?

Honored Contributor

I never paid attention to the original post date.  I was just so pleased to see sue-p.  There have been problems in the past of someone bringing forward old posts. Happening again! Guess I will check dates now.  What a shame.....sue-p was a nice contributor here.

Trusted Contributor

Thank you. This sounds really good and I have most of the ingredients on hand.  I grow sage and love using it fresh.  I will try this recipe, soon.  

Trusted Contributor

Question,  how did you measure the 2 oz of fresh sage?  I am making the brine right now and picked two big branches off of my sage. They only weigh a half an ounce, but it looks like a lot. I went with that but was wondering what those who tried the recipe had done.