Trusted Contributor

Making hard boiled eggs in the air fryer

[ Edited ]

I posted this in a kitchen topic but thought I'd post here as it's such a clever idea (not mine!)  I recently started making hard boiled eggs in my air fryer.  I have a silicone mat in the bottom that has a honeycomb pattern bottom so I set the eggs on top of that to hold them up.  But I suppose you could just place them in the bottom or on the metal tray that is in most air fryers.

I bake at 275 for 15 minutes and they come out perfect every time.  No water is used or wasted making them. As I did before when boiling in water, I put them in ice water after cooking to cool down.  Very easy peel.  

Respected Contributor

Re: Making hard boiled eggs in the air fryer

Get outta here..................how Wonderful does that sound.

Thanks so much for posting, I'm going to write this down.

Honored Contributor

I tried this the other night using the bake setting on my Ninja Foodi Grill. I set it on 275* and set the timer for 15 minutes then put the egg in an ice bath. I only used one egg since I was testing the method.  The results weren't good.  The egg was still runny and didn't peel well.  🤷‍♀️

Trusted Contributor

Sorry it didn't work for you.  I use the Ninja Max Air Fryer.  I also caught my error on my original post.  I too set it at 275 (270 is not an option on my air fryer but was the temperature given in the orignal recipe where I first read about it) for 15 minutes.  I'll go back and edit my post.

Honored Contributor

I use my pressure cooker.  1 cup of water + 5 min cook time on a rack, then I just leave them to cool off most times. Every egg peels perfectly, the shells just fall off. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@soonersis wrote:

I posted this in a kitchen topic but thought I'd post here as it's such a clever idea (not mine!)  I recently started making hard boiled eggs in my air fryer.  I have a silicone mat in the bottom that has a honeycomb pattern bottom so I set the eggs on top of that to hold them up.  But I suppose you could just place them in the bottom or on the metal tray that is in most air fryers.

I bake at 275 for 15 minutes and they come out perfect every time.  No water is used or wasted making them. As I did before when boiling in water, I put them in ice water after cooking to cool down.  Very easy peel.  

So you didn't use or "waste" water cooking them but you used and wasted water to cool them down.....

Honored Contributor

I use my pressure ccooker too--cooked spuds wth them too for a spud salad--worked great-

Trusted Contributor

@CelticCrafter wrote:

@soonersis wrote:

So you didn't use or "waste" water cooking them but you used and wasted water to cool them down.....

@CelticCrafter I learned a long time ago that the best way to help eggs peel easily is to put them in ice water after cooking.  So I did that after boiling them in the past.  At least this way I eliminate that water used for boiling.