Super Contributor

Re: Making Pierogi Casserole; only have sliced cheddar, not shredded; will it be just as good..?

@RespectLife wrote:

@msh8970

Thank you so much!  Not what I was picturing in my head at all!  I can't wait to try this!

Thanks again!

You're welcome! Smiley Happy

Regular Contributor

Re: Making Pierogi Casserole; only have sliced cheddar, not shredded; will it be just as good..?

Thank you for posting the recipe.  Can't wait to try it!  I make home made pierogis so naturally this recipe caught my eye.  Thanks once again, it's very much appreciated!

Honored Contributor

If you have a food processor, you can shread/grate your chunk of cheese in there. You can also use a box grater.

I stopped buying packaged shredded cheese because I don’t like that powdered stuff they put on it to keep it from sticking.   Freshly  grated cheese even tastes better.  It will enhance the flavor of your recipe.

Respected Contributor

You could chop it into a shred.
Honored Contributor

@msh8970 well how did the casserole turn out?I bet it was delicious as anything with all that cheeese and butter could be.I have made pierogies many times but they take do long to prepare and then get eaten in one meal!I serve them with fried onion and bacon and then topped with a little sour cream.My recipe does not use butter and very little cheese..My mil told me that the pierogies would break open during boiling if there was too much fat in the filling.

Super Contributor

I make a similar dish but mix the shredded cheese in with the mashed potatoes. I never thought about layering it but will now for an extra layer of cheese