Valued Contributor

Re: Make your own baby formula

How in the name of Pete do they think humans have survived for thousands and thousands around the world without USA made commercial baby food?

A lot DIDN'T.

Trusted Contributor

Pediatricians say don't even attempt making your own formula. Modern formula has many more minerals and vitamins and other things like iron to enrich it now. The recipes out there don't come close to commerical formulas and they say babies will not be getting adequate nutrition and could have digestion issues from homemade versions. 

Esteemed Contributor

One reason not to make your own formula is improper sterilization.  No one wants babies ill from e coli and botulism.

Honored Contributor

@PuppyLoverBob666 wrote:

How in the name of Pete do they think humans have survived for thousands and thousands around the world without USA made commercial baby food?

A lot DIDN'T.

@PuppyLoverBob666  I'm sure that's true. My Mom made all our formula because that's what you did in those days. This was over seventy years ago for the four of us. Here we are. My relatives also survived. What happened in the years before that, I can't say although lack of vaccines and modern medical care weren't available. My aunt had polio. She survived.