Respected Contributor

Make these Blueberry Cream Muffins from Allrecipes

[ Edited ]

I made this recipe today. I will throw away the recipe I have used over 40 years. I have a new one.❤❤❤  KK3 posted it. 

2,000 have made it, 1,289 have reviewed it.  States it makes 24. I made half the recipe and got 15. Didn't say what to mix it with, so I just used a rubber spatula. It did great. The secret is sour cream. I used the full fat version. I filled the muffin papers up to the top. Little trick I used. The second pan had 3 muffins, put a little water in each of the empty ones, then bake. They were so moist and yummy. I put butter on mine. Oh my.

❤❤❤ I used 2 cups of blueberries in half of the recipe. ❤❤❤

Honored Contributor

Re: Make these Blueberry Cream Muffins from Allrecipes

[ Edited ]

@Barbarainnc 

Thanks for posting the recipe.

Yum they sound Delish. I will have to try them. I have been wanting some blueberry muffins. Looks like they have sugar sprinkled on them but don't see anything in the recipe. I will sprinkle them with some turbinado sugar.

DH bought me a blueberry donut yesterday. So good.

Here's the recipe so everyone can copy & paste.

Blueberry Cream Muffins
Rated as 4.59 out of 5 Stars
Recipe By:KK3
"Rich and delicious blueberry muffins. The secret is the sour cream."
Ingredients
  • 4 eggs
  • 2 cups white sugar
  • 1 cup vegetable oil
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 4 cups all-purpose flour

• 1 teaspoon salt
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • 2 cups sour cream
  • 2 cups blueberries
Directions
  1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Grease 24 muffin cups or line with paper muffin liners.
  2. In large bowl beat eggs, gradually add sugar while beating. Continue beating while slowly pouring in oil. Stir in vanilla. In a separate bowl, stir together flour, salt and baking soda.
  3. Stir dry ingredients into egg mixture alternately with sour cream. Gently fold in blueberries. Scoop batter into prepared muffin cups.
  4. Bake in preheated oven for 20 minutes.

recipe active photo

Respected Contributor

Thanks for posting the recipe. Y'all will just ❤❤❤ it. 

Honored Contributor

@Barbarainnc wrote:

Thanks for posting the recipe. Y'all will just ❤❤❤ it. 

@Barbarainnc

Did you sprinkle the top with sugar or turbinado sugar?

I like the crunchy texture it gives it. That is generally gone that next day when you reheat them.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Nope , I just like them as they are. We have 3 blueberry bushes in our yard. I just pick them and put them in a freezer bag. When I make something, I only take out what I need, rinse them off and put them in the recipe. 

Honored Contributor

@Barbarainnc wrote:

Nope , I just like them as they are. We have 3 blueberry bushes in our yard. I just pick them and put them in a freezer bag. When I make something, I only take out what I need, rinse them off and put them in the recipe. 

@Barbarainnc

We tried to grow a blueberry bush once it did not survive. Wish I had some in my yard. Lucky You.

Valued Contributor

Wow....Those look really good!

cathy from ma

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Barbarainnc

YUM!!! Delish!!!

Made these this morning for breakfast. They are really good. I did sprinkle Turbinado Sugar on top of them. Thanks for sharing the recipe.

I did cut the recipe in half. I only used 1 cup frozen blueberries. I tossed them a little of the flour mixture before adding to the mix. It made 1 dozen muffins in a regular size muffin pan.

I found this recipe on grouprecipe site also. It was for half the recipe you posted from All Recipes.

BlueberryCreamMuffins.jpg

Honored Contributor

@Nightowlz@Barbarainnc

they look delicious - I do like the crumb topping on muffins. Oops saw a recipe for crumb topping - uses sugar/butter = more calories

so I can now have 2 muffins since I will omit the topping.

I have to buy sour cream but I have the other ingredients on hand.

Respected Contributor

I would like to know how sweet these are.  I detoxed from sugar the summer of 07', and it made me super sensitive to sugars compared to the apparent "normal" amount Americans use.  I can't drink a soda without getting a sugar-induced headache, so I tend to cut most baked recipes by half when it comes to sugar.  I also went caffeine free at the same time.  I'm telling you, sugar is a drug!  I was a witch for two weeks, but worth it.  I didn't lose weight, but I wasn't eating that much anyway, though I was hitting the soda and could down a 6 pack in a day, of soda that is.  That was the main form of sugar I ate.  I just cut those obvious forms and quite buying candies and things.  I now make a gallon of tea with 1/2 to 3/4c of sugar since it gets sweeter the next day.  I rarely bake anymore because of it, but the last package mix of muffins was just too sweet.  I can't really have caffeine after lunch or I'm up all night!  I drink decaffeinated tea, but even that has 5-8mg of caffeine in it, so mind how much you drink.  I pretty much only drink it when I dine out and get 3/4 unsweet and 1/4 sweet since people in the south like it to be like syrup.

My sister's MIL is baking me a birthday cake since I turn "older" tomorrow.  I asked for a sour cream pound cake with berries and whipped cream.  That is about the only cake I do eat and make any more.  I use 1/2 the sugar it calls for, and no one misses it.  I wonder if this one would be the same especially with fresh berries in it!  I don't put sugar on my fruit for the topping either.  I just cook some of them down with a bit of water and mix in some fresh berries, then top with real whipped cream.