Respected Contributor

Re: Make these Blueberry Cream Muffins from Allrecipes

This is a pic of part of the muffins, there were 3 more. I got 15 from half the recipe. I made some for my mom, full recipe made 32. We froze them. She eats 1 a day, nukes it about 40 sec. 20180702_071417.jpg

Respected Contributor

@Barbarainnc @Yahooey, your muffins look amazing!  I will be making them tomorrow or Sunday...can't wait!

Regular Contributor

Do you think you could make this as a loaf rather than muffins?  I want to bring something into the office on Monday and this should wonderful.  A loaf would be easier to carry on the subway than a dozen muffins.  Thoughts?

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@demanda wrote:

Do you think you could make this as a loaf rather than muffins?  I want to bring something into the office on Monday and this should wonderful.  A loaf would be easier to carry on the subway than a dozen muffins.  Thoughts?

@demanda

Found this information on Cooks Illustrated website. HTH

If you make it let us know how it turns out.

Over the years, a number of readers have asked us if they could bake a muffin recipe as a quick bread. We wanted to figure out if a simple formula could convert a variety of muffin recipes to loaf recipes.

Because muffins are small, they are generally baked at relatively high temperatures so they develop browning before their interiors overcook. In general, muffins bake for 15 to 20 minutes. Loaves, on the other hand, have a much greater volume-to-surface-area ratio and require longer baking at a lower temperature. We tested several fruit and nut muffin recipes, as well as a plain one, baking each in 8 1/2 by 4 1/2-inch pans at a range of oven temperatures and times.

Our findings? To convert a muffin recipe to make a loaf, set the oven rack in the middle position, decrease the oven temperature by 50 degrees, and bake until a toothpick inserted in the center of the loaf matches the visual cue (either “with few moist crumbs attached” or “clean”), 60 to 70 minutes. Recipes with sugary toppings like streusel should be tented with foil during the last 20 to 25 minutes to prevent them from getting too dark.

Honored Contributor

@Ainhisg wrote:

@Barbarainnc @Yahooey, your muffins look amazing!  I will be making them tomorrow or Sunday...can't wait!

@Ainhisg

I told DH to pick up eggs & sour cream on his way home from work. 

Making more muffins this weekend too.

I should make 2 batches so I can freeze some.

Enjoy!!!

Honored Contributor

@demanda

a blueberry loaf sounds delicious - let us know how it works out

@Barbarainnc@Nightowlz

freezing is such an excellant idea - need to use up the sour cream before I buy a bag of potato chips and go to town - Then I can give 4 to my friend @butterfly123

Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

Thank you so much for this recipe! I had all ing so I whipped up a batch. Eating one now. Came out so beautiful! Looks like a pro baked them. I even forgot to put in the vanilla and they are still delicious.

Respected Contributor

If they can be any better, they are with a pat of butter on it. I picked over a gallon of blueberries, all are in the freezer. Still have berries from last year. I had lots of friends pick berries this year. 😊 ❤ 😊 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Made them again this morning and added more blueberries - tossed flour to the blueberries at the end so no sinking this time. I personally like them a few days old - toasted with a little buttah - warm and oh so good 

thanks again @Barbarainnc

IMG_0842.JPG

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

yahooey,  You are welcome.😊❤😊