Honored Contributor

Re: Make these Blueberry Cream Muffins from Allrecipes

[ Edited ]

@Ainhisg wrote:

@Barbarainnc, based on your recommendation for the fluffy pancakes (which were to die for!), I got the stuff today to make these this weekend!

@Nightowlz, your muffins turned out SO pretty!  Did you fill your muffin wells to the top like Barbarainnc did?

@Ainhisg

They were pretty close to full. Just filled the 12 muffin cups & tired to make sure I have about the same amount in each.

I need some more sour cream before I can make some more.

I only used 1 cup of blueberries. My sister made them using 1 1/2 cups, pic of hers below. They look different then mine. I will use 1 1/2 cups next time.

I think @Barbarainnc ended up with 15 muffins because I think she said she used 2 cups blueberries.

I just posted I ate the last blueberry muffin that I made a week ago. I heated in the air fryer. It was really good being a week old. 

I did not use a mixer. I mixed it all with a whisk.

blueberry.jpg

Respected Contributor

@Nightowlz, thank you!  I am going to use 1.5 cups and fill them full.

Honored Contributor

@Ainhisg wrote:

@Nightowlz, thank you!  I am going to use 1.5 cups and fill them full.

@Ainhisg

Please post what you think about the recipe after you make them.

We loved them. Probably will make these from now on. LOL!!!

Honored Contributor

@Barbarainnc@Nightowlz@Ainhisg

I finally made them today and used a little more than half the sugar called for. It tasted fine and not sweet which is how I prefer them anyway. The only problem is I used frozen blueberries and I tried to let them dry out first - sprinkle with flour but I guess while I was mixing the batter - the blueberries absorb the flour and most sunk to the bottom. Still delicious though - thanks for the recipe and suggestions.

IMG_0825.JPG

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Yahooey wrote:

I finally made them today and used a little more than half the sugar called for. It tasted fine and not sweet which is how I prefer them anyway. The only problem is I used frozen blueberries and I tried to let them dry out first - sprinkle with flour but I guess while I was mixing the batter - the blueberries absorb the flour and most sunk to the bottom. Still delicious though - thanks for the recipe and suggestions.

IMG_0825.JPG

@Yahooey

Yum!!! Well they look good.

I also used frozen blueberries. I leave them in the freezer until I get ready to fold them in the mix. I toss them in 1/4 cup of the flour mixture from the recipe & fold those in the batter which help keep them from sinking. 

Honored Contributor

@Nightowlz

I still have lots of sour cream left so I will definitely make them again. I will be using 1.5 cups of blueberries and only toss the blueberries in flour right befoer using as opposed to earlier. Will again use a little more than half the sugar called for. and a sprinkle of raw sugar on top.

i gave 6 to my brother's family - so half is gone - they are calling my name and I'm trying hard to ignore. I had 1 already. sigh

Honored Contributor

@Yahooey wrote:

IMG_0825.JPG

@Yahooey

If I fly my invisible jet, will there be a muffin or two for me?

Respected Contributor

Those look so good.

doxie

Honored Contributor

@butterfly123

I will give you 2 

Unknown.jpeg

Honored Contributor

@Yahooey @doxie1 May Doxie have two also, please?5F9E5093-6FBC-4660-84D0-7E2FEACFC223.jpeg