Honored Contributor

Mine was the homemade applesauce!

I don't have a recipe, I make it up as I go along.

I used 3 different kinds of apples this time around, so maybe it was that.

Respected Contributor

Sometimes "winging it" works out for the best. I used a new recipe for my pop-overs on Christmas and they were not very good. Live and learn.

Respected Contributor

I used a recipe for beef tenderloin posted here by IamMrsG and it was truly delicious! I was so pleased as my holiday meat dishes tend to bomb. Not this year! 

Honored Contributor

My nieces made homemade meatballs. Excellent!!

Respected Contributor

Re: Main Dish Hit?

[ Edited ]

@StylishLady wrote:

I used a new recipe for my pop-overs on Christmas and they were not very good. Live and learn.

I tried a new recipe last year with my rib roast. It was awful. I went back to my tried-and-true recipe of kosher salt encrusted rib roast and, once again, it was a major hit. No more new recipes for rib roasts for me! 

Honored Contributor

My family of 10 devoured 1 1/2 pans of lasagna and 24 slices of garlic bread for Christmas dinner.   

Trusted Contributor

@CelticCrafter

I love homemade applesauce. I have always loved it. There's even a pic of me as a baby with applesauce all over my face. I have a Gravenstein tree in my yard and often can several jars to eat over the winter.

In answer to your question, I made a yummy sweet potato casserole that I'd never tried before and it was really good.

Frequent Contributor

Could you please post the beef tenderloin recipe as it sounds delicious?

Esteemed Contributor

It was a new (and easy) sweet potato casserole for me, with a topping of pecans, brown sugar, butter. I even sent the recipe to my out-of-state cousin who made it and got raves as well.

Honored Contributor

lasagna