Respected Contributor

It was so easy and yummy. My hubby and my pups ate every last bite. I used a big red casserole dish I bought at the Q years ago made by Rachel Ray. I can't believe I never made one before this. I plan on making another for Fathers Day. 

Honored Contributor

Re: Made my first roast chicken

@Lali1    For heaven's sake, tell us how you made this yummy chicken.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Trusted Contributor

@Lali1  Glad you enjoyed your chicken! I roast a chicken every 2weeks as I love using roasted chicken for chicken salad and fajitas along with just eating it as is. Recently I have been mixing Hidden Valley ranch seasoning with olive oil to baste the chicken and it really adds some great flavor. i don't eat a lot of red meat so chicken is on my menu several times a week.

Respected Contributor

@FlyersGirl wrote:

@Lali1  Glad you enjoyed your chicken! I roast a chicken every 2weeks as I love using roasted chicken for chicken salad and fajitas along with just eating it as is. Recently I have been mixing Hidden Valley ranch seasoning with olive oil to baste the chicken and it really adds some great flavor. i don't eat a lot of red meat so chicken is on my menu several times a week.

That sounds yummy. I'll have to try it. We are the same with red meat. We mostly eat fish, ground turkey and chicken. 

Respected Contributor

I used a recipe on All Recipes but the timing and temp were wrong. I used a 3 pound chicken put a ton of margarine in the cavity. Slathered the whole thing in black pepper, salt and garlic powder. It called for onion powder but I didn't have that. Then put a few chunks of margarine on top of the chicken and baked uncovered for 1 1/2 hours at 375 until the internal temp is 180. The recipe said to roast it at 350 but it took the bird 2 hours to cook at that temp. Then when it's at temp baste it with drippings and more margarine and tent it with foil for half an hour. 

Respected Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@Lali1    For heaven's sake, tell us how you made this yummy chicken.

Sorry. My above post was for you. I forgot to quote you. 

Super Contributor

For years and years my roast chicken recipe used is from Ina Garten.  It NEVER fails to please.  Simple.  And the best part, the house smells amazing.

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

@Tshirtgal wrote:

For years and years my roast chicken recipe used is from Ina Garten.  It NEVER fails to please.  Simple.  And the best part, the house smells amazing.

I'll have to look it up. I watched one of her shows the other day. 
I know the house smelled amazing. 

Respected Contributor
Honored Contributor

Thanks @Lali1 .  I'll have to try your recipe.  I like the Ranch Dressing baste also.  Maybe combine the two?

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment