Respected Contributor

Made a Pot of Minestrone Today

Wanting to eat more vegetables and have a quick meal. Very Vegan omitting the meat. I substituted bacon and ham for the pancetta. It has celery, carrots, butternut squash  stewed tomates, and wilted spinach. Some beans and pasta.  Barefoot Contessa Foolproof Cookbook.

Honored Contributor

Re: Made a Pot of Minestrone Today

@Gorgf wrote:

Wanting to eat more vegetables and have a quick meal. Very Vegan omitting the meat. I substituted bacon and ham for the pancetta. It has celery, carrots, butternut squash  stewed tomates, and wilted spinach. Some beans and pasta.  Barefoot Contessa Foolproof Cookbook.

@Gorgf  My favorite Vegan recipe calls for bacon AND ham!  What a conicidence!  Woman Wink  Recipe sounds good!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@GorgfI'm assuming you used VEGAN bacon and ham for your vegan minestrone, otherwise you are consuming animals.  I love vegan minestrone and use a low sodium veggie broth (I always keep a few boxes from Trader Joe's).  I use a ton of veggies and it is delicious!  Welcome to the plant based world....full of health, happiness, and no animal cruelty.Heart

@Gorgf  Here is a yummy veggie minestrone from the Minimalist Baker.  I make mine in the Instant Pot:

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Gorgf

Would really like to see this recipe!

Think I’d like it absent the meat.

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Honored Contributor

@phoenixbrd that's a recipe I could eat. Guessing I could skip the nutritional yeast because I don't have a clue where to buy it. If there is a health food store in my area, I'm not aware of it.

Honored Contributor

@AuntG  Trader Joe's carries it and it comes in a small bag...not expensive.  You might like it,.,...but if you don't want to purchase, I wouldn't let that stop you from making the soup!

Valued Contributor

Bacon and ham? NO -  fat and salty.

A traditional Minestrone doesn't include either of these.

Respected Contributor

My Minestrone Soup has all those ingredients (no meat) plus onions, zucchini and basil. At the end I add some smart balance or vegan sour cream. I also add, cinnamon. I know, weird but we like it.

Happiness is not a destination, it is a way of life.
Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Drythe wrote:

@Gorgf

Would really like to see this recipe!

Think I’d like it absent the meat.

I had copied this recipe last week.  Will be making in probably next week.  Here is what the finished soup should look like. She has some of the best pictures of her food I have ever seen.

Dinner bowl with veggie-rich 1-Pot Vegan Minestrone