Esteemed Contributor

Re: Macarons - advice? recipes?

I see you're in the L.A. area.  Buy them at 'Lette Macarons.  They are delicious.  A few shops around L.A.

@house_cat 

Honored Contributor

@qbetzforreal 

Thank you. I've never heard of it before.  There aren't many locations and none are in my area.  I don't hang around Beverly Hills normally, but I have a doctor there.  I'll have to look into it before my next visit with him. It might make the day a little less dreadful....

~ house cat ~
Respected Contributor

@house_cat wrote:

I host an annual tea party each summer for my teacher friends.  Some of you know that, because just about this time each year I begin freaking out about one thing or another and ask for advice. 🤯  Fortunately, I always get good advice from my forum friends 💕 

Here's my question this year...so far.....rather than make petits-fours, which I've found are extremely labor intensive, I'm thinking of making macarons.  I've always thought that macarons were something best left to professional bakers. Have any of you had success baking them?  Is it worth the trouble?  Does anyone have a tried and true recipe?

Thank you!

I watch many baking shows and someone is always macarons and commenting how diffiult they are to make/bake.  I've never made them myself but my daughter keeps asking to because they're her absolute favorite (and expensive to buy).  I noticed on cooking shows that many open the oven towards the end of baking with a dish towel to prevent them from collapsing.  I have seen them at Kroger in the frozen section.  A box for $7.