Honored Contributor

Macarons - advice? recipes?

[ Edited ]

I host an annual tea party each summer for my teacher friends.  Some of you know that, because just about this time each year I begin freaking out about one thing or another and ask for advice. 🤯  Fortunately, I always get good advice from my forum friends 💕 

Here's my question this year...so far.....rather than make petits-fours, which I've found are extremely labor intensive, I'm thinking of making macarons.  I've always thought that macarons were something best left to professional bakers. Have any of you had success baking them?  Is it worth the trouble?  Does anyone have a tried and true recipe?

Thank you!

~ house cat ~
Honored Contributor

Re: Macaroons - advice? recipes?

why not just buy them ? have seen them around

Honored Contributor

@jackthebear wrote:

why not just buy them ? have seen them around

That's a good Plan B, but I like to learn new tricks.

~ house cat ~
Honored Contributor

@house_catI've never made them?  Are you thinking coconut macroons which I'd think would be easy or another kind, some of which look like more time and skill than I have for cookie making.  

Honored Contributor

@millieshops wrote:

@house_catI've never made them?  Are you thinking coconut macroons which I'd think would be easy or another kind, some of which look like more time and skill than I have for cookie making.  

I have an easy recipe for coconut macaroons, which I may make also, but I was thinking of those pretty light pink ones for my tea party.

~ house cat ~
Honored Contributor

@house_cat wrote:

That's a good Plan B, but I like to learn new tricks.

Then check out YouTube. You will be overloaded w/"new tricks." Besides, videos are worth 2 thousand words.

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@house_cat , do you mean coconunt macaroons (thread title says macaroons) or macarons (the meringue sandwich cookie)? Since you mentioned petit fours, I'm wondering if you meant macarons, not macaroons.

Macaroons should be easy to make, macarons somewhat more difficult.

Respected Contributor

@house_cat wrote:

@millieshops wrote:

I have an easy recipe for coconut macaroons, which I may make also, but I was thinking of those pretty light pink ones for my tea party.

Then you mean macarons, not macaroons. Have fun leaning.

Honored Contributor

@nomless wrote:

@house_cat wrote:

@millieshops wrote:

Then you mean macarons, not macaroons. Have fun leaning.

Oh! Is there a difference, other than my misspelling?  I'll need to change the title of the post so I don't confuse everyone.

~ house cat ~
Honored Contributor

@nomless wrote:

@house_cat , do you mean coconunt macaroons (thread title says macaroons) or macarons (the meringue sandwich cookie)? Since you mentioned petit fours, I'm wondering if you meant macarons, not macaroons.

Macaroons should be easy to make, macarons somewhat more difficult.

Sorry, just saw this post. Thank you for the clarification. As you can see, I have no experience with this.

~ house cat ~