Trusted Contributor

***This is one of those kinds of recipes that you can let your imagination run wild with!!***  Kids really like this dish.  There are so many different things you can use for the "toppings". Keep it simple...or Jazz it up!  YOU decide.  Woman Happy

Macaroni Pizza Style

1 pound LEAN ground beef

1/4 cup chopped onion

2  (15 ounce) cans tomato sauce

1  (12 ounce) bag elbow macaroni....cooked &                                                                                  drained

1/2 cup water

1 teaspoon basil

3/4 Tablespoon garlic salt (more or less..to taste)

1/2 teaspoon oregano

12 ounces Mozzarella cheese and/or Cheddar cheese.....sliced

YOUR CHOICE OF TOPPING....here are some suggestions........ You can also create your own!

sausage

Canadian bacon

mushrooms

olives

green peppers

tomatoes

WHATEVER  Woman Happy

Brown beef with onions til crumbly. Drain. In a large bowl, stir together  the beef with onions, cooked macaroni,  1  1/2 cans tomato sauce, water and seasonings. Toss. Place in a large flat pan..like an oblong cake pan. Top with cheese and toppings.  Pour the remaining  1/2  can tomato sauce over the top. Bake at 375*  for 

10 - 15 minutes,  just until it is hot and bubbly.

********NOTE!  DO NOT OVER COOK IT,  AS IT WILL DRY OUT!*************

Respected Contributor

I'll take anything pizza!  Sounds great - thanks!

Trusted Contributor

hoosierorginal...Hi there. It is nice to meet you! I'm with you, I love anything pizzaish (lol is that a word???)  Woman Wink

Respected Contributor

Yum.This just sounds delicious and kid friendly. Probably it would be something I will make for a potluck.I always enjoy your recipes and have many I my recipe box.My first was a pineapple Bundt cake. Thanks for that...people love it.

Trusted Contributor

birkinbaby...Hi there. So nice to see you! Thank you for your kind words.  I am happy to know you 

have made some of my recipes and they were a hit. I appreciate you posting back to let me know. Woman Happy Take care dear.

Trusted Contributor

Re: Macaroni Pizza Style

[ Edited ]

This looks soo good, @LilBitMisstySmiley Happy

This recipe is similar to one that my Mom used to make for us when I was growing up. She never wrote it down though-she would just put it all together into a casserole after browning the ground beef and the onion together.

She used to put mushrooms in it, and then would top it with American cheese and then heat it up until warmed through.

Your version sounds so wonderful! Heart We both love pizza!

I like the idea of the Italian seasonings, and adding in additional veggies or meats. Yummy! 

Thanks again for sharing this with us! Heart

Super Contributor
This sounds delicious! Thanks, LilBitMissty, for posting it.
Trusted Contributor

Toppers..hi dear.  Nice to see you. You are most welcome. I know there are different versions of this, but this is what my DM made as I was growing up...sigh..such memories!  Hope all is going well for you. Take careHeart

Trusted Contributor

Ruthie-Roo..Hi there. It is nice to see you again. You are very welcome!  Woman Happy