Vinaigrette:
1/4 cup freshly squeezed orange juice
1 T orange liqueur
2 t Dijon mustard
1/2 t kosher salt
1/4 t freshly ground black pepper
1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil

Pre-heat oven to 375 F

Toss the walnuts together with simple syrup.  Spread in a single layer on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.  Bake until the sugar has dried out and the walnuts are crunchy (about 15 minutes). Watch carefully.  Remove walnuts to a cool baking sheet to cool.

For the vinaigrette combine orange juice, orange liqueur, mustard, salt and pepper in a bowl.  While whisking slowly stream in the olive oil until emulsified.  Combine the greens, candied walnuts and blue cheese in a large bowl and toss with vinaigrette right before servings.  

This salad got rave reviews.  Use a good quality blue cheese.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: MIXED GREENS WITH ORANGE VINAIGRETTE, BLUE CHEESE AND CANDIED WALNUTS

sounds delicious!  just make sure you don't use any romaine lettuce!!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Your salad sound really good. I love to make dinner out of a wonderful salad that pretty much covers the gamet. I'm going to note a fav of our's that's a fav of CLinton Kelly's c/o the chew.

On a good sized bed of greens, dice or shred poached chicken breasts (2-3 nice ones for 3-4 salads). I poach in a veggie broth so they're nicely flavored. Add crumbled bleu cheese, diced or thinly sliced apples (I like the firmness, sweet crunch of the simple red delicious, your choice of course), candied nuts (again your choice walnuts or pecans and I do find them in my grocery store).

Dressing calls for oil, lemon juice or apple cider vinegar, tarragon, salt, pepper.

Enjoy this one, it is really good!

Esteemed Contributor

TY for your post, @DiAnne! I have a bag of walnuts and now I know what to do with them!

But, this is my kind of eating! A Jethro-sized bowl of this would be most satisfying!

Esteemed Contributor

Oh man, this recipe has my mouth watering @DiAnne.  I can't wait to try it.