Super Contributor
I was at a Pampered Chef party a few nights ago, and they made this delish Lava cake in their covered baker. It just consisted of a boxed devil food cake mix, and 1 can of frosting. It was so easy and delish!! My question is.....Has anyone tried this recipe without using the $90 covered baker that Pampered Chef sells?? The host said that is the only vessel that would work. I want to try it, but I don't know what other type of pan to use for microwave. Anyone tried this?
Honored Contributor

No, but searching Microwave Lava Cake in Google returned many results made in coffee mugs, so I'd start there.

Honored Contributor

Re: MICROWAVE LAVA CAKE ???

[ Edited ]

Here's a recipe with step by step instructions with pics using a Pampered Chef Deep Dish Baker that looks just like my french white corning ware casserole bakeware. Click on link & go down & click on View All Steps.

http://www.instructables.com/id/Lava-Cake-in-less-than-15-minutes/

Honored Contributor

This one is made from scratch & looks yummy. You also need to go down the page & click on View all Steps. Made in a coffee mug.

Honored Contributor

Forget the Chocolate Lave Cake. Here's Pampered Chef's German Chocolate Microwave Cake.

German Chocolate Lava Cake

Make your lava cake flow in just minutes in the microwave!

Ingredients

• 2/3 cup (150 mL) sweetened flaked coconut
  • 2 tsp (10 mL) canola oil
  • 1/4 cup (50 mL) pecan halves
  • 1 can (14 oz/300 mL) sweetened condensed milk, divided
  • 1 2/3 cups (400 mL) devil’s food cake mix
  • 1/3 cup (75 mL) sour cream
  • 1   egg
  • 1/4 cup (50 mL) semi-sweet chocolate morsels

Directions

1. Microwave coconut in uncovered round uncoverd baker on HIGH 2-3 minutes or until golden brown, stirring every 30 seconds. Spread it over a piece of parchment paper to cool.

2. Brush same baker with oil. Coarsely chop pecans using food chopper.

3. Mix pecans, half of the coconut and 1 cup (250 mL) of the condensed milk in small bowl until blended.

4. Mix cake mix, sour cream, remaining condensed milk and egg in bowl until blended. Pour batter into baker.

5. Pour coconut mixture evenly over batter.

6. Microwave, uncovered, on HIGH 3-5 minutes or until center of cake looks moist (but not wet). Cover baker and let stand 5 minutes.

7. Microwave chocolate in uncovered bowl on HIGH 45-60 seconds or until almost melted. Stir until smooth.

8. Pour melted chocolate into resealable plastic bag; trim corner. Sprinkle cake with remaining coconut. Drizzle with chocolate.

Yield:
  • 8  servings
Nutrients per serving:

Calories 390, Total Fat 15 g, Saturated Fat 8 g, Cholesterol 45 mg, Sodium 380 mg, Carbohydrate 59 g, Fiber 2 g, Protein 7 g

Cook's Tips:

This recipe can be doubled in the Deep Covered Baker. Start with a regular-size package of cake mix. Double the remaining ingredients. Prepare as recipe directs and microwave, uncovered, for 8-10 minutes.

This cake can be inverted onto a platter. Prepare the recipe as directed through Step 6. Carefully invert onto the round platter. Continue as directed in Step 7.

https://www.pamperedchef.com/recipe/Desserts/Deep+Covered+Baker/German+Chocolate+Lava+Cake/452021

German Chocolate Lava Microwave Cake.jpg

Honored Contributor

There are so many pins on pinterest for doing this in the microwave with a mug.  Probably for a full size cake as well.  Just this morning I found a recipe for a bundt cake with six Cadbury creme eggs pushed down inside.  Then more topped on the top with the frosting YUM!!!

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Honored Contributor

Remember the Tunnel of Fudge cake which was a Pillsbury Bake Off winner in the '60's?  It was done in a bundt pan and used a box frosting mix (No longer made) to make the fudge tunnel.  Everyone was baking it at the time and it was good.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment