Frequent Contributor

Just an idea you  might  like.    When I make a  meat loaf I use latex  gloves.  That way  you don't put your hands in the raw meat loaf.

Honored Contributor

I've made a few meatloafs in my time, but I've never used gloves.  Guess I like squishing around with my bare hands.  Of course, I wash them thoroughly when I'm finished "playing"!

Respected Contributor

We're fortunate to have a KitchenAid mixer and use that instead.

Also good for shredding cooked pork for BBQ and shredding cooked chicken for...whatever.

Denise
Honored Contributor

@Krimpette wrote:

I've made a few meatloafs in my time, but I've never used gloves.  Guess I like squishing around with my bare hands.  Of course, I wash them thoroughly when I'm finished "playing"!

LOL YES......it is almost a cathartic release! Smiley Wink

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

Today, Mary Beth showed how the KA Mixer can be used to make meatballs or meatloaf.  She said the alternative - doing it with your hands - was kind of strange.

Honored Contributor

That's what I do, I've done that for years and years.  Yes, it's hygienic but I started doing it because I hated the feel of the squishy meat loaf in my hands. I also wear the gloves when I make stuffing for the turkey. 

Honored Contributor

I always use gloves when handling raw meat. I use the vinyl kind though. 

Esteemed Contributor

I use my hands, Sweet Baby Ray's, Panco crumbs and shape into burgers to bake because DH likes to make a meatloaf sandwich. 

Honored Contributor

I wear disposable gloves when preparing meat loaf of hamburger patties.

Honored Contributor

When I first got married, I would not touch raw meat.  I used to put two sandwich  baggies on my hands.

I got over that.  I wash my hands very well and do not trust latex or vinyl gloves to be clean enough.  Who knows how they were manufactured?