Esteemed Contributor

Re: MAY 2022 RECIPE GAME

[ Edited ]

@house_cat  I love it when people make the recipes posted here and report back. Thanks!

NEXT INGREDIENT: STRAWBERRIES

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Strawberry Cheesecake Taco Dessert

Image2.jpg

Ingredients:

• 10 crunchy corn taco shells
  • 3 tbsp sugar
  • 1 tbsp cinnamon
  • 3 tbsp butter melted
  • 1 pint strawberries
  • 1/2 tbsp cinnamon
  • 12 oz cream cheese softened
  • 2 tbsp sour cream or plain yogurt
  • 3 tbsp sugar
  • 2 tsp vanilla extract

Instructions:

1. Preheat oven to 400.
  2. Combine 3 tablespoons of sugar with 1 tablespoon of cinnamon. Mix well and spread the mixture in a small shallow bowl. 
  3. Brush outside of each taco with butter. 
  4. Dab the outside of the taco shell into the cinnamon sugar mixture and place the taco shells on the baking sheet. 
  5. Bake for 5-7 minutes. 
  6. In a mixing bowl, beat cream cheese, sour cream, sugar, and vanilla for a couple of minutes, until smooth. 
  7. Transfer cream cheese mixture into a piping bag to easier fill the tacos. 
  8. Dice strawberries into small pieces and mix them with 1/2 tablespoon of cinnamon.   (Sweeten if needed) **
  9. Cool cinnamon taco shells to room temperature and fill them with cheesecake filling and strawberries.   Top with whipped cream!

** I think any berry or fruit would work in these!

Next ingredient:  Your favorite taco filling.

Esteemed Contributor

Next ingredient:  Anything!  I know you are eating!

Honored Contributor

Sharing a few recipes from Taste of Home that go together.

Main meat recipe makes a lot....good for group or freeze extra for later.  Bonus recipe day! 😁

Seasoned Taco Meat

3 lbs. ground beef*

2 large onions, chopped

2 cups water

5 tablespoons chili powder

2 teaspoons salt

1 teaspoon ground cumin

3/4 teaspoon garlic powder

1/4 - 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes

In large skillet or Dutch Oven, cook the beef and onions over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain.  Add water and seasonings.  Bring to a boil.  Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, until water is absorbed, about 15 minutes.   (* can substitute ground turkey or ground chicken)

Taco Pinwheels

4 oz. Cream Cheese, softened 

3/4 cup Seasoned Taco Meat 

1/4 cup finely shredded cheddar cheese

1/4 cup salsa

2 tablespoons mayonnaise

2 tablespoons chopped ripe olives

2 tablespoons finely chopped onion

5 flour tortillas (8")

1/2 cup shredded lettuce

additional salsa

Beat cream cheese until smooth.  Stir in taco meat, cheese, salsa, mayonnaise, olives and onion.  Spread over tortillas.  Sprinkle with lettuce; roll up tightly.  Wrap rolls in plastic and refrigerate at least one hour.  Unwrap and cut into 1" slices.  Serve with additional salsa.  

Taco Pizza Squares

1 tube refrigerated pizza crust

1 can  (8oz) pizza sauce

2 cups Seasoned Taco Meat

2 medium tomatoes, seeded and chopped

2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese

Unroll pizza dough and place on rectangular baking pan.  
Spread with pizza sauce; sprinkle with taco meat, tomatoes and cheese.  Bake at 400 degrees until crust is golden brown, 15-20 minutes.  Top with shredded lettuce, sour cream and any other favorite toppers, if desired.  

NEXT INGREDIENT ..... MAYONNAISE 

Esteemed Contributor

@walker   We should call you the engineer; you keep this train moving!  We appreciate you!

Next ingredient: MAYONNAISE

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Zhills  

And so do you!  Thank you both, as well as all who contribute, for keeping this caboose chugging along.

Next ingredient: MAYONNAISE

Honored Contributor

@Zhills ....😂..thanks.....but, if I am the engineer you are the assistant to me.....you take over controls well too....ha!

@vabreeze ... 😁..thank you too....real slow train sometimes but we do keep chugging along!  Glad you are "on board".

NEXT INGREDIENT....MAYONNAISE....Summer Salads or Weekend Appetizers anyone?

🚂 ....choooo....chooooo...

Honored Contributor

8CF05BE4-D583-49E1-AC58-BA17FDB1F7E8.jpeg

This recipe is very forgiving. You can use red onion instead of scallions.  Shredded cheddar is fine, if that's what you have on hand.  If you are not low carb/keto, granulated sugar will work instead of the monk fruit.

Next Ingredient: GROUND CHICKEN

Honored Contributor

Hey, ladies.... having a slow minute here at work and thought I'd check the forum. I want to say how much I enjoy this thread and how much I count on the recipes and comradery, even though I rarely have time to participate.  I have 7 days of school left before I retire and I'm hoping to be popping in more often after that.  Thanks to those of you who consistently keep things moving along.  It means a lot to me.

Next ingredient: ground chicken

~ house cat ~
Honored Contributor

@house_cat ..... glad to have you join in whenever you can....congratulations on your upcoming retirement! 

NEXT INGREDIENT .... Ground Chicken