Trusted Contributor

Next ingredient:  Ground beef

Honored Contributor

@aroc3435 wrote:

@GenXmuse   Thank you for the kind words.  Cooking is my  hobby.  I enjoy  the "food" side of home economics.  Don't ask me to sew anything except to replace a button for you though!  

My best girlfriend and I during our "mid-life" crisis spent two happy years trying to replicate and perfect the typical  1950s/60s meat loaf recipes our moms made which were so similar.

We finally came to two conclusions:   Eating someone else's food,  especially when made with love, is the best and second, that the ground  beef they used probably had a higher fat ratio, so we ground our own or just used the fattier ground beef  from the  store and then had much  greater success.

We also determined that pork was being bred so much leaner that it was coming out dry and less flavorful when  we were fooling around with pork chops  and pork roast perfection!

aroc3435

Washington, DC

How wonderful! I took the "cooking" semester instead of sewing as well and love puttering around the kitchen. It's a great hobby since it's something I already need to do anyway and it's one of the ways I can express my love!

Next Ingredient: GROUND BEEF

Honored Contributor

6029E211-7465-4A5D-8BD4-B3EA8602C5C6.jpeg

I thought I'd try a screenshot since my iPad cut and paste on QVC gives me troubles. We had gyros today so thought I'd share. You can use lettuce, flatbread or pita. 

Next Ingredient:GREEN BEANS