Chive Cream Cheese Sauce
1 cup milk
8 ounces cream cheese
½ teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon pepper
1 cup chives, chopped

PREPARATION
  1. Preheat oven to 425°F/220°C.
  2. Using a sharp knife, make crosswise cuts in each potato, about ⅛ inch apart, stopping about ¼ inch from the bottom.
  3. Microwave your potatoes for 5 minutes per potato.
  4. Mix together melted butter, minced garlic, and minced parsley, and brush on the potato. Sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste.
  5. Insert 6-8 slices of bacon into the middle section of slots in the sliced potato.
  6. Transfer the potatoes to the oven and bake until the outsides are browned and crisp, about 30 minutes, basting with more butter if needed.
  7. In a sauce pan, combine the milk, cream cheese, salt, and pepper. Heat and stir until well-combined and smooth.
  8. Add in the chopped chives to the cream cheese sauce. Stir and pour over the crispy potatoes.

Next Ingredient:  Italian Bread Crumbs

Regular Contributor

Re: MARCH 2017 RECIPE EXCHANGE GAME

Another good recipe I found on margaretsmorsels.blogspot.com.  Love the fact these are baked rather than fried.

Baked Mozzarella Cheese Sticks
4 Servings

2 eggs
1 Tbsp. water
5 Tbsp. all-purpose flour
1 cup dried Italian bread crumbs
12 sticks string cheese
1 cup marinara or spaghetti sauce, heated

Combine eggs and water in a small bowl. Put flour in a small bowl or resealable plastic bag; put bread crumbs in another bowl or bag. Coat all the cheese sticks -- including the ends -- with flour and set aside.

Working with one cheese stick at a time, coat the cheese stick with the egg mixture, letting the excess drain off. Coat the cheese stick -- including the ends -- with flour. Coat the cheese stick a second time with the egg mixture and then thoroughly coat with bread crumbs, including the ends.

Put the assembled cheese sticks on a piece of wax paper in a storage container with a lid. When all the cheese sticks are coated, put on the lid and refrigerate for at least four hours.

When ready to bake, put the cheese sticks on an ungreased baking sheet and let sit at room temperature while the oven preheats. Bake uncovered at 400° for 15 minutes or until heated through. Use the marinara or spaghetti sauce for dipping.

Next Ingredient:  Bananas

Honored Contributor

Bonanzajellybean.....your recipe posted in February for Honey Bourbon Steak Tips was great.....loved it!!!!  That is a keeper for repeat....easy to fix!  Thanks!

Nothing new with this recipe but my grandkids love it.  I make 4 mini-loaves.

BANANA Bread

1 cup sugar

1/2 teaspoon salt

1/2 cup butter, softened

3 ripe BANANAS

2 eggs, well-beaten

2 cups flour

1 teaspoon baking soda

chopped nuts, optional

Cream sugar, salt and butter together. Add BANANAS, eggs, flour and soda.  Mix well.  Put in greased loaf pan (or 4 mini-pans).  Bake at 350 for 45 minutes (or 35 for minis) until brown and cooked in middle.....checking for doneness and bake longer if needed.

NEXT INGREDIENT ...... MAYONNAISE

Honored Contributor

@walker I'm so glad you enjoyed it!  Yay! 

Cauliflower Corn and Cucumber Salad

Cauliflower Corn and Cucumber Salad Recipe.

Ingredients

2 cups cauliflower florets
2 small cucumbers
½ red pepper
2-3 green onions
1 (15oz) can corn, drained
⅓ - ½ cup mayonnaise
Fresh dill, optional
Salt and pepper, to taste

Instructions

Cut your cauliflower into small florets.

Slice cucumber into thin slices. Cube the red pepper.

Thinly chop the green onions.

Drain corn.

Mix everything.

Add mayo, salt and pepper to taste, mix well. Add some fresh dill if you enjoy dill (optional). Enjoy..

IMG_2994.JPG

NEXT INGREDIENT:HONEY

Honored Contributor

Bonanzajellybean.....I had enough leftover for another meal for myself and DH.....not going to happen!!  I have been snacking on it cold it is so good!   To others who don't know recipe I am referring to....go back to February Recipe Exchange....last page....Honey Bourbon Steak Tips!  That is my favorite recipe for honey.  But, moving along.....

NEXT INGREDIENT .... HONEY

Respected Contributor

Buffalo Chicken Wraps
(or sandwiches)

Ingredients:

2 pounds of chicken tenders, or lightly pounded skinless, boneless chicken breasts

For the chicken:
1.5 cups flour
1/2 tablespoon salt
1/2 tablespoon paprika
1/2 tablespoon onion powder
1 teaspoon garlic powder

2 eggs beaten w/ a few tablespoons milk
----------------
oil for pan searing
Buffalo Sauce, recipe follows

For the wraps (or sandwiches):
warm flour tortillas or toasted rolls
shredded lettuce
tomatoes, diced or sliced

shredded cheese
Blue Cheese or Ranch dressing

Buffalo Sauce:

6 Tablespoons butter

1 cup Frank's Red Hot
1 Tablespoon vinegar

1.5 tablespoons honey, or to taste

Melt butter in saucepan, then add rest of ingredients, bring to simmer, & cook for 1-2 minutes. Turn off heat.

Directions:

Preheat oven to 350
1. Stir together dry ingredients. Lightly dust both sides of chicken, shake off excess, dip in egg mixture, then back into flour.
2. Heat oil in large skillet over medium heat, & sear chicken on each side till golden brown.

3. Place seared chicken pieces onto foil lined baking sheet, sprayed with Pam.

4. Bake at 350 for 20 minutes, or until just cooked through.
5. Place cooked chicken into large mixing bowl, & pour Buffalo sauce over all to thoroughly coat. Turn to coat again.

**For wraps, cut chicken into bite sized pieces, & tuck into warmed flour tortillas w/ shredded lettuce, shredded cheese, diced tomatoes, and choice of dressing.

** For sandwiches: Leave chicken pieces whole & serve on toasted rolls w/ sliced tomato, lettuce leaves, cheese and choice of dressing.

Next ingredient: white wine, any type

Muddling through...
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I am posting two recipes since I may have already posted first one and second one is simple, simple!

This recipe is listed as printed in Best of the Best Five Ingredient Recipe Book.....with my notes.

Savory Baked Chicken

4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves

2 medium onions, sliced into rings (I use one)

1 head garlic, peeled, sliced (I use about 1 tsp. minced)

1/4 cup fresh lemon juice (I use bottled)

1/2 cup WHITE WINE (cook drinks some too)

Wash chicken.  Preheat oven to 350.  Lightly grease a medium baking dish.  Layer bottom of baking dish with 1/2 the onions and 1/2 the garlic slices.  Pour lemon juice and WHITE WINE into baking dish.  Season chicken with salt and pepper to taste, and place in baking dish.  Top with remaining onions and garlic.  Bake 25 minutes in preheated oven, or until juices run clear. (I bake little longer.)

Salmon (as many individual portions as you want)

Place salmon in a foil pouch.  Add a sprinkle of herbs, a dash of pepper, and a touch of WHITE WINE.  Tent foil and bake at 425 for 15-20 minutes.

NEXT INGREDIENT ..... BACON

Honored Contributor

@momtochloe

Just had to let you know that we tried your recipe for the Salisbury Steak and my family loved it.  They said it was a "keeper".  Thanks!

Honored Contributor

Bacon Biscuits - Makes 10

½ (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened

3 eggs

2 tablespoons milk

½ cup shredded Swiss cheese

2 tablespoons chopped green onion

1 (10-ounce) can refrigerated flaky biscuits

5 slices bacon cooked and crumbled

2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley leaves

Heat oven to 350ºF. Grease 10 muffin cups.

In small bowl, beat cream cheese, eggs and milk on low speed until smooth. Stir in Swiss cheese and green onion.

Separate biscuit dough into 10 biscuits. Place 1 biscuit in each greased muffin cup; firmly press in bottom and up sides, forming a ¼ -inch rim.

Place half of bacon in bottom of dough-lined muffin cups.

Spoon cream cheese mixture over bacon.

Top with remaining bacon and parsley.

Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until filling is set and biscuits are golden brown. Always cook to well-done, 165°F as measured by a meat thermometer.

Next ingredient:  Crushed tomatoes

Honored Contributor

@Sassy7356 wrote:

@momtochloe

Just had to let you know that we tried your recipe for the Salisbury Steak and my family loved it.  They said it was a "keeper".  Thanks!

@Sassy7356 you are most welcome and as much as I would love to take credit for that recipe that is one of the most talented @Bluffbaker recipes . . . I can't wait to try it myself, hopefully ground beef will be on sale this week.

Thanks again to @Bluffbaker for this recipe and all the delicious ones that you are so kind to post!  Smiley Happy