Respected Contributor

MAKING BEEF STROGANOFF TODAY🙂

I watched a chef make it on t.v. the other day.  Hubby would LOVE it, so here I go.  Im using thin sliced beef sirloin,  I cut into smaller pieces.  I googled some recipes and found one that adds beef broth, worcestershire sauce, Dijon mustard, heavy cream and sour cream. 

I seared the meat high real quick,  put in crock pot, then sautéed onions, and added mushrooms...2-3 cloves garlic towards the end...put everything in the crock pot with 1 qt beef broth, salt/pepper.  I added the worcestershire sauce and mustard.   Ill make more sauce with the broth, cream on stove, a bit more of the ingredients above and add to crock pot last 20 mins.  Make wide egg noodles and top everything off with chopped green onion.

I never made this before...so I hope it delish.   Im not one for beef, hubby is...so ill probably eat mostly noodles.  This is a heavy dish.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: MAKING BEEF STROGANOFF TODAY🙂

When my sons were still at home this was in the regular winter rotation. Made it on the stovetop in a large skillet. Yummy Enjoy!

Honored Contributor

@Dazlin 

Sounds delish, hubs will love it, my hubs loves it too!

I'm like you, I'd pass on the meat and just have the noodles with the gravy!

YUMMMMMM!

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

Sounds delish!!!!!Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

I like this recipe from my SIL that uses ground beef:

1 1/2 lb ground beef

1/2 cup chopped onion

1 tsp minced garlic

1 tsp salt

1/2 tsp pepper

1/2 lb sliced fresh mushrooms

4 oz cream cheese cut into cubes

2 cups beef broth

1/2 cup milk

3 tbsp flour

1/2 cup sour cream

Cook and stir to crumble beef, onion, garlic, salt, and pepper in big skilet until still a little pink.  Drain grease.  Stir in mushrooms until meat is thoroughly cooked.

Add cream cheese and let melt, then stir into meat. 

Mix broth and milk in small bowl.  Whisk in flour until smooth.  Stir into meat and simmer until thickened.  Stir in sour cream.  Serve over hot, cooked egg noodles or rice.

Trusted Contributor

@deepwaterdotter wrote:

I like this recipe from my SIL that uses ground beef:

1 1/2 lb ground beef

1/2 cup chopped onion

1 tsp minced garlic

1 tsp salt

1/2 tsp pepper

1/2 lb sliced fresh mushrooms

4 oz cream cheese cut into cubes

2 cups beef broth

1/2 cup milk

3 tbsp flour

1/2 cup sour cream

Cook and stir to crumble beef, onion, garlic, salt, and pepper in big skilet until still a little pink.  Drain grease.  Stir in mushrooms until meat is thoroughly cooked.

Add cream cheese and let melt, then stir into meat. 

Mix broth and milk in small bowl.  Whisk in flour until smooth.  Stir into meat and simmer until thickened.  Stir in sour cream.  Serve over hot, cooked egg noodles or rice.

@deepwaterdotter  Sounds good. I will give a try on day. Thanks for sharing.

F/N/A luvstogarden
Honored Contributor

@Dazlin wrote:

I watched a chef make it on t.v. the other day.  Hubby would LOVE it, so here I go.  Im using thin sliced beef sirloin,  I cut into smaller pieces.  I googled some recipes and found one that adds beef broth, worcestershire sauce, Dijon mustard, heavy cream and sour cream. 

I seared the meat high real quick,  put in crock pot, then sautéed onions, and added mushrooms...2-3 cloves garlic towards the end...put everything in the crock pot with 1 qt beef broth, salt/pepper.  I added the worcestershire sauce and mustard.   Ill make more sauce with the broth, cream on stove, a bit more of the ingredients above and add to crock pot last 20 mins.  Make wide egg noodles and top everything off with chopped green onion.

I never made this before...so I hope it delish.   Im not one for beef, hubby is...so ill probably eat mostly noodles.  This is a heavy dish.

@Dazlin , What time is dinner ? 😻

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

A Russian lady I knew sauteed strips of good lean and tender beef, removed it from the pan, then added  butter and sauteed onions and mushrooms until caramelized, added a splash of brandy or beef broth or water just to deglaze the pan, put the beef back in with salt and pepper and turned the fire very low or off, stirred in sour cream until heated and served it.  

It was fabulous and I don't remember if garlic was involved or not.

Honored Contributor

Someone who doesn't care for beef makes this with chicken in her crockpot. 

Honored Contributor

@Sooner wrote:

A Russian lady I knew sauteed strips of good lean and tender beef, removed it from the pan, then added  butter and sauteed onions and mushrooms until caramelized, added a splash of brandy or beef broth or water just to deglaze the pan, put the beef back in with salt and pepper and turned the fire very low or off, stirred in sour cream until heated and served it.  

It was fabulous and I don't remember if garlic was involved or not.

@Sooner 

Oh yeah, garlic would definitely be involved in my version!

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.