Trusted Contributor

Low carb "potato" salad

[ Edited ]

For anyone who loves potato salad (the kind with eggs and mayo) during the summer but is watching their carbs, I highly recommend this recipe: 

This is so good that you don't miss the potatoes at all.  Every one I know that've tried it have loved it and most of them don't count their carbs.  (For the low carb/keto folks, I would definitely recommend her website for recipes.  I've tried many and they've all been delicious.)

Esteemed Contributor

Thank you for sharing @lkat.  I am always looking for new cauliflower recipes.  😊

Respected Contributor

@lkat Where's the recipe?

Respected Contributor

@lkat  Which site is it that has low-carb recipes?

Respected Contributor

@coffee drinker wrote:

@lkat Where's the recipe?

???

its not only low carb...it's zero calories lol!

Hope she posts the recipe...I would love to see it

Trusted Contributor

So sorry, I posted a link to the recipe but for some reason the mod removed it.  I've listed it below.  You can also find it if you search for Cauliflower Potato Salad on Wholesomeyum website.

INGREDIENTS
  • 1 large head Cauliflower (cut into small florets)
  • 2/3 cup Mayonnaise
  • 1 tbsp Apple cider vinegar
  • 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
  • 1/2 tsp Garlic powder
  • 1/2 tsp Paprika
  • 1/2 tsp Sea salt
  • 1/4 tsp Black pepper
  • 1/3 cup Onion (finely diced)
  • 1/3 cup Celery (finely diced)
  • 2 large Egg (hard boiled, chopped)
  • Chives (for garnish - optional)
INSTRUCTIONS
  1. Cook the cauliflower on the stove or in the microwave.

Stove method: Boil a pot of water with a tablespoon of salt. Add the cauliflower, and simmer until very tender (about 5 minutes). Drain well.

Microwave method: Place the cauliflower florets in a large bowl with 2 tablespoons (30 mL) of water. Microwave on high for 10 minutes, stirring halfway through. Drain well.
  2. Meanwhile, whisk together the mayonnaise, apple cider vinegar, Dijon mustard, garlic powder, paprika, sea salt, and black pepper, until smooth.
  3. Stir the cauliflower, onion, celery, and egg together with the dressing. If desired, garnish with chives and additional paprika.
Trusted Contributor

Thanks @lkat 

Looks easy enough, thanks for the recipe and website. 

⚓️
Esteemed Contributor

Sounds delicious thanks @lkat 

Respected Contributor

Thanks for the recipe, @lkat !  I will share it with my daughter, who uses a lot of cauliflower in her recipes now.  It sounds delicious!!

Valued Contributor

Re: Low carb "potato" salad

[ Edited ]

@lkat  

Thank you for posting this recipe. Sounds wonderful.  I am going to get the ingredients and give it a try this week

EDITED TO ADD:  I made this yesterday.  Delicious!!!  Even my husband, who is not a big huge califlower fan, said it was good 😃. Thanks again @lkat !