Valued Contributor

@Barbarainnc wrote:

Low Carb SOS for One

4 oz hamburger meat browned with some chopped onion. Add salt, pepper, and garlic powder to taste. Add 1 cup half and half or cream, 2 oz cream cheese. Stir and add water if needed. Add some soy sauce for color and flavor. Cook alittle and serve over fried eggs. 

My dad was a Marine and made his version all the time when I was growing up. We ate it for breakfast and dinner. He served his on toast with fried eggs on top with a side of fried diced potatoes. YUM YUMSmiley Happy Smiley Happy

Thanks for this recipe!  always looking to cut a few carbs when I can!

Respected Contributor
When that Armour beef in a jar got super expensive ( like $5 a jar), I began using the Buddig sliced beef in the deli section for my creamed chipped beef...I love CCB! But have never tried it with ground beef either...interesting, thanks!
Honored Contributor

@Honeybit wrote:

Tink, this is particularly for you -- as a youngster I worked with a bunch of sharp guys who were diligent in cleaning up their acronyms for my delicate ears.  So I learned about RTFM (Read the FRIENDLY Manual), "taking a WAG at it" (Wild AERONAUTICAL Guess) and FUBAR (FOULED Up Beyond All Recognition). 

And the Creamed Beef on Toast which was one of my favorite meals growing up was made with thin salty slices of dried beef (comes in a jar made by Armour -- usually on the shelves near Spam).  I had never heard of it made with ground beef until I was grown and working. 

FUBAR! . . . I haven't heard that in decades! . . . thanks for the giggle!

Honored Contributor

Barbarainnc, I made this tonight for breakfast tomorrow and it is absolutely delicious and so easy to make.  I can't wait to wake up tomorrow and have breakfast!

Thanks so much for posting this recipe, it is most definitely a keeper!

Respected Contributor

Glad you loved it, we have it for breakfast , lunch and dinner. Smiley Happy Smiley Happy Smiley Happy 

Trusted Contributor

@Alsee wrote:
May be low carb but high fat and cholesterol. Looks unhealthy to me.

ITA.

Super Contributor

Re: Low Carb SOS for ONE

[ Edited ]

Fubar...lol. Havent heard that one since I retired.   Another one would be "snafu". I giggle a little whenever I hear someone "proper" use that word.  I want to say "you keep using that word...I do not think it means what you think it means"    Smiley Very Happy

Thanks for the recipe idea. always looking for new low carb ideas.

Honored Contributor

@Timey Wimey wrote:

Fubar...lol. Havent heard that one since I retired.   Another one would be "snafu". I giggle a little whenever I hear someone "proper" use that word.  I want to say "you keep using that word...I do not think it means what you think it means"    Smiley Very Happy

Thanks for the recipe idea. always looking for new low carb ideas.

Tee hee, I just looked this up . . . all these decades I have been using that terms and never knew what it really meant . . . there's my giggle for the day!