Occasional Contributor

Years ago, I had a recipe for coquille st Jacques made with cream of mushroom soup.  Easy and delicious.  I’ve lost the recipe but hope someone has a coy!  Thanks.

Honored Contributor

Re: Lost scallop recipe

[ Edited ]

I love sea scallops, but personally I could never imagine using cream of mushroom soup on them, but that's just me!

If no one responds, just google it with mushroom soup, many recipes came up.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Super Contributor

I have a red cookbook with all Campbell soup recipes but I am at my daughters.  I grew up outside of the corporate headquarters for Campbell's so people were always cooking with the soup.  I do remember this recipe.  There are several out on the Internet, try looking for one you might like.  I will check back here next week once I have my book and if you have not found a recipe, I will post the one in the book.

Trusted Contributor

@Cavime , could this be the recipe you lost?

Coquilles St. Jacques a la Claire Gutknecht

Skill Level: Easy

Ingredients

• 1/4 lb mild white cheddar cheese shredded
  • 1 lb scallops
  • 1 large tin lobster
  • 1 small tin cream of mushroom soup
  • sherry to taste
  • lightly buttered bread crumbs

Method

Fill scallop shells with mixture of lobster and scallops. Over this pour cream of mushroom soup (undiluted) together with sherry. Sprinkle with thick layer of grated cheese over which you add lightly buttered bread crumbs. Brown lightly in oven at 350F approximately 15-20 minutes.

coquilles st. jacques with cream of mushoom soup

Respected Contributor

@vabreezeDon't know if thats the recipe she's looking for but This looks like a Winner to ME!  Thanks!