Valued Contributor

Lost recipes of the past posters please~

We are in a new year and I was thinking of our posters that are MIA...so I was wonderfing if any of you have any recipe favories. from favorite posters....as many as you want and the more the better..there might be some we have not seen before...if we can give credit lets do that...to say thank you, maybe just maybe...well see some of them...I'm crossing my fingers.. Love and hugs to all...

by Angel Chicken

2. boneless skinless chicken cut up ito bite size pieces

1 envelope Italian dry salad dressing

1 can golden mushroom soup

1/4 cup butter

1 tub (8oz.) cream cheese with chives & onions

1/2 cup chicken broth

place chicken,cut up butter,in crockpot sprinkle Italian dressing over chicken .Mix all the other ingrdiants together and pour over the top of the chicken

cook 6-8 hours on low or 4 hours on high you can stir halfway through

serve over pasta

Im not sure who posted this one, I need some help on this one??

Chicken & Wild Rice "Stoup"

1 Small onion, chopped
5-6 boneless, skinless chicken thighs
1 tsp. garlic powder
3/4 C wild rice
Bag of frozen mixed vegetables OR 3 C. sliced carrots
2 Cans cream of potato soup
1 Qt. container chicken broth

Place in slow cooker in order given. Cook on low 7-8 hours. Shred chicken with a fork. This makes a nice thick soup - if you want it thinner, add extra broth.

Mandarin Orange Cake

Lilbitmisty

1 box yellow cake mix

4 eggs

3/4 cup vegetable oil

1 can mandarin oranges...UNdrained

In bowl, beat eggs with oil. Add oranges with juice. Add cake mix and beat well. Grease and flour 9x13 inch pan. Bake at 350* for 30 minutes. Frost with:

Frosting:

1 9 oz tub cool whip

1 3 ounce box INSTANT vanilla pudding

1 20 ounce can crushed pineapple..DRAINED

Valued Contributor

Re: Lost recipes of the past posters please~

RocketMom, Id love to have a copy of your recipe, if you don't mind.. it sounds so easy and I love easy..I just have to be careful!!

Here is a UPDATE!! I also learned the brisket was better 2 days later after you let it sit in the juices, Next time i cook it i will do it 2 days ahead, the flavor was just so much better today. loved the tip on the low sodium beef broth it was so good and not overly salty at all perfect,

I also added 1 sliced onion on top before i baked it..

With the left overs there was still a lot of juice so we have been having french dip sandwiches with left over potato salad, yum

so next time i will make it the same way , I used a rub, slow cooked for about for about 10-12 hours. Rub with salt, pepper, onion powder, garlic salt and smoked paprika, I whole sliced onion and 1 can low sodium beef broth, @ 250 degrees!!! Fat side up.. completely sealed in foil with the left overs I made

French dip sandwiches I take my rolls and add little butter and broil them to a light crisp add some maio and use some of the broth as a dip DELICIOUS!!!!

Valued Contributor

I love this on salad, add more sugar if you want Smiley Happy

2 tbsp. light soy sauce

3 tbsp sesame oil

3 tbsp light salad oil or olive oil

1 cup rice wine vinegar

1 tsp. sugar Freshly ground pepper to taste

Blend all together and toss with fresh greens You will not need to add salt to this dressing.

Esteemed Contributor

On 1/7/2012 Britbrit13 said:

Actually, I'm in Portland, how close are you??? I would LOVE to get RS'ERS together...just set a date my friend...Oh Sweetie, "you" don't ever doubt it... you are very much wanted!!!You are a pioneer around here...{#emotions_dlg.thumbup} Love, Brittany

DH and I retired to Portland some months ago. If you ever decide to get together, I'd appreciate the opportunity to be included. LOVE Genie's!

Rebecca in SE

Respected Contributor

On 12/1/2013 Britbrit13 said:

IamMrsG

Potato Gratin With Mushrooms And Gruyère

Yield: Makes 8 to 10 servings

1/4 cup olive oil

4 cups finely chopped leeks (white and pale green parts only; about 3 large)

1 ½ pounds 1/2-inch cubes assorted mushrooms (such as crimini and stemmed shiitake; about 10 cups)

2 garlic cloves, minced

3 pounds Yukon Gold potatoes, peeled, cut into 1/8-inch-thick slices

2 cups heavy whipping cream

1 teaspoon (or more) salt

½ teaspoon (or more) freshly ground black pepper

1 cup coarsely grated Gruyère cheese

Heat 1/4 cup oil in large skillet over medium-high heat. Add leeks; sauté until soft and lightly browned, 10 to 12 minutes. Add mushrooms, sprinkle with salt and pepper, and sauté until soft and liquid evaporates, 7 to 8 minutes. Add garlic; sauté 1 minute. Season with salt and pepper. Set aside. DO AHEAD: Can be made 4 hours ahead. Let stand at room temperature.

Where do the potatoes, cheese and whipping cream come in?

Respected Contributor

Luvsbulldogs, the accurate recipe for Potato Gratin With Mushrooms And Gruyère is here.

Strive for respect instead of attention. It lasts longer.
Respected Contributor

On 2/5/2014 IamMrsG said:

Luvsbulldogs, the accurate recipe for Potato Gratin With Mushrooms And Gruyère is here.

Hi IamMrsG.....Thank you for replying back so quickly. Your recipe sounds really good and I hope to make it in the near future. Thanks again.

Super Contributor

On 1/7/2012 1mamaj said:

Thanks, Britbrit13 for this thread, thanks to sunshine45 for posting the link to the bb-recipes, thanks Lilbitmissty for remembering Hollee's name. I added the link to my favorites list so I will have instant access to these great recipes! Thanks to all again!!!

I do not see Sunshine45's link....I keep going through this thread and am unable to locate it. Can you help?

Beanie

Valued Contributor

My mom made her own and I do as well. this is KentuckyWoman, recipe

One cup cold water

2 cups light or dark brown sugar (I've tried both and like the light sugar best)

4 ounces cold, salted butter cut up into chunks (4 ounces butter =1 stick)

1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract (I use the real deal)

Mix water and sugar in a heavy saucepan (I use a 3.5 quart pant stainless steel pan) Allow water and sugar to boil for 4 to 5 minutes. Add cold, salted butter one tablespoon at a time and stir until it is melted. Continue until all butter has been added. Remove from heat and add the vanilla.

This is rich and has a good flavor. You can easily store it in the refrigerator for a couple of weeks. My mother made pancake syrup for my father after they first married but could never get it right. A few years after they married she purchased a cookbook published by a local Homemaker's club in 1946 and this recipe was in it. I still have that cookbook!

Super Contributor

Ok, I admit I haven't gone through all 644 recipes, and I WILL, but does anyone have the recipe for scalloped potatoes that only has like 4 ingredients? Cream, potatoes salt and pepper?