Honored Contributor

Re: Looking for some help. Wait til you hear this one...

toja wrote:

Chickenbutt, thank you for your rub recipe! Tried it yesterday, and it's so flavorful. Usually I would omit the sugar, but decided to make the rub the way you specified, and I was so glad! Perfect balance of savory, sweet and spicy Smiley Happy

Thank you Sabatini for reposting.

Chickenbutt, I wish you would reconsider your decision of not posting your recipes here Smiley Happy

Thank You, Toja!  I really appreciate it.  But more than that, I'm super glad that you enjoyed the recipe.     It was one of those trial and error deals with a pencil and a piece of paper with lots of erasing!  Smiley Happy   

I also love that you enjoyed what I was going for.  I wanted savory, a little sweet, just a smidge of spicy, some earthy, fresh, and fragrant. 

My husband raves this all over the place (much to my embarrassment, because I'm basically shy and very much NOT braggy), but he means well.

Honored Contributor

Going to use the rub tonight on pork tenderloins!

Honored Contributor

faeriemoon wrote:

I've never tried it on pork.   Can't imagine it wouldn't be good, though.  Smiley Happy

I've used it on these chickenburgers that I have from qvc.  Just a little rub on one side and the frozen chickenburger patty goes in the contact grill.  

Respected Contributor

I always sprinkle onion powder whenever we have salad, usually every night -- garlic powder, too.

Honored Contributor

I made a recipe of Emeril's recently that calle for "essence".

I remember thinking that although I've always had onion powder in my spice drawer, I seldom use it.

Here's the recipe:

Ingredients
  • 2 1/2 tablespoons paprika.
  • 2 tablespoons salt.
  • 2 tablespoons garlic powder.
  • 1 tablespoon black pepper.
  • 1 tablespoon onion powder.
  • 1 tablespoon cayenne pepper.
  • 1 tablespoon dried leaf oregano.
  • 1 tablespoon dried thyme.
~ house cat ~
Honored Contributor

@chickenbutt wrote:

@faeriemoon wrote:

I've never tried it on pork.   Can't imagine it wouldn't be good, though.  Smiley Happy

I've used it on these chickenburgers that I have from qvc.  Just a little rub on one side and the frozen chickenburger patty goes in the contact grill.  

It was delicious, CB!