Honored Contributor

Re: Looking for some help. Wait til you hear this one...

Sabatini!  Thanks for posting my recipe here.  You know what's funny - I don't even remember posting it here.    Geez, my memory is getting so bad.  

I always make it up and then taste it.  Sometimes I feel the need to add a little more brown sugar, or garlic.   I don't know - whatever my palate tells me that day.  Smiley Happy

My husband's number one, all-time favorite, dinner that I make for his birthday every year (until he requests something else) and sometimes other times during the year, is a ribeye made with this dry rub and oven roasted balsamic brown butter asparagus.   That's it.  That's enough for us, anyway - even him.   Sometimes I also make his favorite ice cream that I make - chocolate coconut.   But he loves that dry rub!  Smiley Happy

When I cook the steak I like to put a slim pat of butter on top before turning it, then another slim pat of butter goes on the top at the end.  Between the lovely taste of the little bit of butter and all the taste sensations in the dry rub, it hits all the notes.  Smiley Happy

Valued Contributor

@sabatini wrote:

@rrpell wrote:

@sabatini 

Such an excellent idea... dry rub.  

@Thank you for posting @chickenbutt 's  recipe!  I had not noticed it before and it sounds wonderful.  Do you think it would work on a flank steak (I have one)? I'm going to use espresso powder (dry)  Would you please let me know if that is wrong. 

@rrpell, dry espresso powder is exactly right! And YES, do use the rub on your flank steak. Put it on a few hours ahead of time if you're able to.

Enjoy your dinner! Smiley Happy

Thank you @sabatini!

"Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela
Respected Contributor

Hi, @chickenbutt!

I was so happy to finally have the opportunity (& memory!) to thank you for your dry rub recipe. I do think the brown sugar is key, and really sets off the other flavors, in additional to caramelizing the meat.

I so appreciate that you shared it here!

Thanks again. Smiley Happy

Muddling through...
Honored Contributor

Sabatini wrote:

Hi, @chickenbutt!

I was so happy to finally have the opportunity (& memory!) to thank you for your dry rub recipe. I do think the brown sugar is key, and really sets off the other flavors, in additional to caramelizing the meat.

I'm so glad you enjoy the recipe.   I had fun making it.  One weird thing was that it was the first time I had chipotle chili powder and I am pretty sensory about my cooking.  So, i opened it up and smelled it.  Wow!  It really smelled so awesome.  I put too much in.   Turns out it's really HOT!   So I dialed it back to an amount that enhances the flavors without making it hot.

I like the combination of flavors that seem to go well together.

Thank You!   I stopped posting recipes here a while back, but it's nice to know that somebody enjoys one of your recipes!  Smiley Happy

Valued Contributor

@chickenbutt@sabatini

Thank you!!!  That rub of yours, chickenbutt, is the best I have ever tasted!  My flank steak had a gorgeous crust and a fabulous taste. It was like dining at a fine restaurant.  Every single bite was outstanding.  I am so happy to have this in my recipe box💕💕

@chickenbutt wrote:

@sabatini wrote:

Hi, @chickenbutt!

I'm so glad you enjoy the recipe.   I had fun making it.  One weird thing was that it was the first time I had chipotle chili powder and I am pretty sensory about my cooking.  So, i opened it up and smelled it.  Wow!  It really smelled so awesome.  I put too much in.   Turns out it's really HOT!   So I dialed it back to an amount that enhances the flavors without making it hot.

I like the combination of flavors that seem to go well together.

Thank You!   I stopped posting recipes here a while back, but it's nice to know that somebody enjoys one of your recipes!  Smiley Happy

"Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela
Respected Contributor

@rrpell, what fantastic news!!! I'm so happy that you enjoyed it. Really!

I just got home from the store, and bought some rib eyes. That's dinner tomorrow night - with CB's rub, of course.

Thanks so much for coming back to tell us! Smiley Happy

Muddling through...
Honored Contributor

rrpell wrote:

@chickenbutt@Sabatini

Thank you!!!  That rub of yours, chickenbutt, is the best I have ever tasted!  My flank steak had a gorgeous crust and a fabulous taste. It was like dining at a fine restaurant.  Every single bite was outstanding.  I am so happy to have this in my recipe box💕💕

I'm also very  glad you enjoy the recipe!  Smiley Happy  Thank You!  

Respected Contributor

@chickenbutt  and @sabatini

Thank you, both, for sharing and posting this recipe.  All the praise for it made me go back and search.  I'm glad to have found it.

@chickenbutt, is this the one the Moderators deleted earlier in the thread?  BTW, wasn't it accomodating of them to completely ignore my request for re-consideration?   Quality Value Convenience

Strive for respect instead of attention. It lasts longer.
Honored Contributor

IamMrsG wrote:

@chickenbutt  and @Sabatini

Thank you, both, for sharing and posting this recipe.  All the praise for it made me go back and search.  I'm glad to have found it.

@chickenbutt, is this the one the Moderators deleted earlier in the thread?  BTW, wasn't it accomodating of them to completely ignore my request for re-consideration?   Quality Value Convenience

Hey Mrs G! 

No, I didn't even actually post my recipe in that post that was deleted.

I just remarked that the only thing I could think of, for which I used onion powder, was my dry rub recipe.

I think somebody else, up thread, was correct that maybe whichever post I used to hit the 'reply' button was deleted so mine went along with it.  All I said was that and 'good luck to ya with the onion powder!'.

What's weird is that there was nothing in the thread that I can recall that was even delete-worthy at all.  But mine and one from the OP, as I recall (can't depend on my memory, though - sorry), were deleted.  Not even a note of why - just *poof*.    

Unless I'm planning to 'quote' a post, I usually just hit 'reply' on the last post in the thread.  So I think sometimes they pick something to delete and posts after that, if the poster used that reply button, go along with it.  I guess - who knows!  ha!  Smiley Happy

Contributor

Chickenbutt, thank you for your rub recipe! Tried it yesterday, and it's so flavorful. Usually I would omit the sugar, but decided to make the rub the way you specified, and I was so glad! Perfect balance of savory, sweet and spicy Smiley Happy

Thank you Sabatini for reposting.

Chickenbutt, I wish you would reconsider your decision of not posting your recipes here Smiley Happy