Super Contributor

Looking for microwave peanut brittle

Last year someone posted the microwave peanut brittle recipe that was easy and delicious. I cannot for the life of me find that recipe! Does anyone have it? Greatly appreciated.

Respected Contributor

Re: Looking for microwave peanut brittle

Yes I do, just made my 6th pan, it is delicious. Deepwaterdotter was the one who put it on.It's easy ,takes about 6 minutes altogether. I ruined the first batch by following these instructions, my mcrowave is a 1200 Watt so if yours is less pay attention to it. 

1 CUP SUGAR

1/2 CUP LIGHT CORN SYRUP

1 1/2 CUP DRY ROASTED PEANUTS {i USE PLANTERS IN THE JAR}

1 T BUTTER

1TSP VANILLA

1TSP BAKING SODA

mix sugar and corn  syrup in big micro bowl cook on high 3 min., take out stir, micro 2  more minutes, Pour in nuts ,stir, back in micro, until mixture is golden brown---{ she has 3 to 5 minutes} this is where I do 2 minutes. Take out, Stir in vanilla and butter, will be stiff, then baking soda last, stir pour out on buttered pan. I use a large round,. old aluminum tray.Get everything ready ahead of starting

because you have to move fast, because it gets stiff. I bought a bowl from Amazon, anchor hocking with a handle. I'm sure you can get it local. Have fun, This is really good. I have made peanut brittle for years but a recipe on the stove top, so I was pretty aware to move fairly fast. 

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Looking for microwave peanut brittle

This is the recipe I use as well from Deepwaterdotter.  I just made a batch on Saturday.  In my opinion, this is the best homemade peanut brittle there is.  It's really delicious.