Honored Contributor

Re: Looking for fresh twists on salads....

@Memebell 

Watermelon Feta Salad

any greens of your choice. I mix dark w/ romaine.

Add ins if you feel like it:

red onion

shredded carrots

celery

blueberries

Top with chopped watermelon and Feta.  Or crumbled blue if you like.

I eat it w/o dressing a lot because the watermelon gives you a 'flavored juice,

but for company I make a dressing of:

OJ

Lemon Juice

Small amt of fav oil

fresh pepper

a little quick dissolve sugar

and any other spices you like...I love Tarragon or dill

Trusted Contributor

I have been making a simple salad of small tomatoes sliced, small cucumbers peeled and sliced and a few chopped onion pieces and garlic.  Then I add salt and pepper and put on Wishbone's Italian Robusto Dressing.  It is so good and I take it to work each day,  The dressing is very good and I think you will like it,  Give it a try.  

Esteemed Contributor

I like to add a few sliced strawberries or a handful of red or green grapes (halved) into our salads, along with some fresh veggies such as cherry tomatoes and sliced yellow summer squash - whatever you like. The strawberries or grapes just gives a salad a nice fresh flavor. If you're trying to lose weight, just use a light Italian dressing (vinegar/oil) with some herbs. We love Lawry's garlic salt with parsley, so I always add a shake or two on my salads - gives it a great flavor.

Respected Contributor

For dinner tonight I baked zucchini spears.  Cut it into "pickle" sized slices, lightly coated with olive oil, rolled each piece in a mixture of shredded Parmesan cheese and any seasonings you like, place on a parchment lined baking sheet and bake at 400 degrees for 15 minutes.

it was a good-sized zucchini from a friend's garden.  It was very satisfying for a meal, healthy, and was very good!