Esteemed Contributor

What are your favorite cheeses to make Lobster Mac & Cheese?

Do you use claw or tail meat?

Valued Contributor

@Zhills

My husband loves lobster Mac and cheese but I haven't made it.   I would think the right mix of cheese is crucial as it shouldn't be so sharp that it takes a away from the taste of lobster.  

For our lobster rolls, I buy cooked lobster, in the shell. All the supermarkets in my area have lobster tanks and they cook it to order.  I pick the lobsters and use all the meat.  I think I would do the same for Mac & cheese.  

I hope someone posts a recipe!

"Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela
Valued Contributor

I would not leave the meat from the claw out it has such good flavor so please be sure to add it some how even if it is just for flavor.

Honored Contributor

What a horrible thing to do with a delicious Maine lobster! lol!

Trusted Contributor

I have tried Ina Garten's lobster mac & cheese and got rave reviews (just google it on food network if you need a recipe) but honestly, I personally really dislike cheese and seafood and always thought there was some "rule" against it but it seems to be really popular these days.  We ate out at a very nice restaurant last night and even they had it on the menu. 

I prefer lobster simply steamed or maybe with some lemon garlic butter as a splurge.

Esteemed Contributor

I actually feel the same way myself!  Have you tried the butter poached lobster tails?  Yummy!  I use just the tails more than the whole lobster.  Just easier to me.  

Lobster mac & cheese is so popular but I didn't want to use lobster without having a dynamite mac & cheese recipe!