Esteemed Contributor

LoLa's Strawberry Sour Cream Cake

About this time every year, I try to remember to post LoLa's "Strawberry Sour Cream Cake," which is baked in a bundt pan.  She posted it here, I don't know, maybe 10 years ago or so.  It's a lovely cake and just full of summer goodness.

Strawberry Sour Cream Cake

All ingredients should be at room temp.

1 C butter, softened
1 1/2 C sugar
3 Eggs
4 Tbs lemon juice, divided
zest of 1 lemon
2 1/2 C flour, divided
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
8 oz. sour cream
1 1/2 C fresh strawberries, diced
1 C powdered sugar

Preheat oven to 375 degrees - Grease and flour a 10 inch tube (Bundt) pan.

Stir together 2-1/4 C flour, baking soda, salt. Add in lemon zest and set aside. With a mixer, cream the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs, one at a time. Stir in 2 Tbsp lemon juice.  Alternate mixing the flour mixture and the sour cream until all is incorporated.

Mix strawberries in remaining 1/4 C of flour. Gently fold into the batter. Pour into bundt pan and reduce oven temperature to 325 degrees and bake for 60 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean. Allow to cool for 20-30 minutes in the pan and then turn out onto a wire rack and cool completely.

Mix together powdered sugar and 2 Tbsp of lemon juice to make glaze. Drizzle over top of cake.

LoLa: Recipe Forum

Respected Contributor

Re: LoLa's Strawberry Sour Cream Cake

@sfnative   This sounds like a very nice bundt cake.  I will try it this coming week.  Thank you for passing it along and thanks to LoLa, as well for originally posting it.

Honored Contributor

@sfnative 

Thanks!

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Esteemed Contributor

@sfnative 

Thanks for bringing Lola's recipe forward for us.  She was/is a great cook and I miss her posting very much as I do a lot of those who have moved on from this venue.  

Honored Contributor

@sfnative I'm going to try this and substitute yogurt for sour cream.  I'll put it in slowly because it may thicken the batter a little differently!

Regular Contributor

@Sooner wrote:

@sfnative I'm going to try this and substitute yogurt for sour cream.  I'll put it in slowly because it may thicken the batter a little differently!

@Sooner - let us know how it works with the yogurt substitution!   Chobani Savor is yogurt marketed as a sour cream substitute!  

Honored Contributor

This cake sounds delicious.  And I am going to look into that Chobani Savor sour cream substitute.

Honored Contributor

@Suz614 wrote:

@Sooner wrote:

@Sooner- let us know how it works with the yogurt substitution!   Chobani Savor is yogurt marketed as a sour cream substitute!  

@Suz614 Mine at this time is home made!  So I'll substitute it to the thickness of the batter--when it looks right.  I've done it before with no issues, but you sort of have to eyeball it and not plan it for company!  LOL!!!

Esteemed Contributor

@mustang66lady wrote:

@sfnative 

Thanks for bringing Lola's recipe forward for us.  She was/is a great cook and I miss her posting very much as I do a lot of those who have moved on from this venue.  

@mustang66lady 

I miss LoLa posting, too, as she not only posted great recipes, but always had an outstanding photo to go along with it.

Esteemed Contributor

@Sooner wrote:

@Sooner 

As many times as I've made this, I've never tried yogurt, so on my trip to the market tomorrow, will pick up Greek yogurt and give it a try.  I've already got some half and half for another recipe, so can add a tic of that, if the batter thickens up too much.