Respected Contributor

Re: LoLa's Strawberry Sour Cream Cake

@ECBG   Wow, that sounds like a super scrumptious cake--I'll definitely be trying that.  Gives me a perfect excuse to try out my new set of Nordic Ware round cake pans from Sur La Table that the UPS driver just dropped off a couple of hours ago.

Many thanks.

Honored Contributor

@sfnative Oh I'm sorry!   I am surprised because I use yogurt a lot now.  But at least you warned me away you sweet one!  I do want to make that cake!

Honored Contributor

I used to love watching, the Two Fat Ladies, cooking show. Jennifer Patterson( the dark hair one with the low voice) always said yogurt is not in place of cream. It is for eating and not for baking.

Baking is like chemistry, if you don't use precise ingredients ,and measurements, it just won't work right

Esteemed Contributor

😋😋😋😋😋😋😋😋😋😋😋😋👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍 Thanks for posting. 

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@aroc3435 wrote:

@ECBG   Wow, that sounds like a super scrumptious cake--I'll definitely be trying that.  Gives me a perfect excuse to try out my new set of Nordic Ware round cake pans from Sur La Table that the UPS driver just dropped off a couple of hours ago.

Many thanks.

@ECBG  @aroc3435 

Two years ago, purchased Nordic Ware pans from Sur La Table on sale and love them.

Happy baking!

Valued Contributor

Delicious cake. Made it for weekend company. It was a hit! I did it in a bundt pan & cream cheese frosting drizzled down sides.
Esteemed Contributor

@HB glamma wrote:
Delicious cake. Made it for weekend company. It was a hit! I did it in a bundt pan & cream cheese frosting drizzled down sides.

@HB glamma 

Yay!  Well done!!!

Honored Contributor

@cherry wrote:

I used to love watching, the Two Fat Ladies, cooking show. Jennifer Patterson( the dark hair one with the low voice) always said yogurt is not in place of cream. It is for eating and not for baking.

Baking is like chemistry, if you don't use precise ingredients ,and measurements, it just won't work right

@cherry Baking IS chemistry.  It's just that a lot of women "get it"!Smiley Happy

Breads not raised by yeast are raised by a gas your mixed ingredents cause.

My second major was chemistry, mainly for dyes and chemical reactions in colors.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Finally...Here's a photo of this scrummy cake, which followed the recipe originally posted by LoLa.

Strawberry-Sour-Cream-Cake_0001.jpg