Honored Contributor

Linda McCartney Vegetarian Cookbook

[ Edited ]

Our library had a really good one of hers.  Do you have a good Vegetarian cookbook that helped make it easier for you to eat vegetarian?  

Super Contributor

Re: Linda McCarthy Vegetarian Cookbook

Yes I got that one too also the BBC did a good one 

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

The only vegetarian cookbook I own (I do eat some meat, but prefer to eat more vegetarian type meals...I just had to start eating more meat & seafood to get more protein and less carbs in my diet)...anyway...it's The Moosewood Cookbook.  It was given to me and I was told this was "the vegetarian's bible" back in the day (70's)...written by the owner of the Moosewood vegetarian restaurant in Ithica NY (don't know if they still exist.).  I refer to it from time to time, and always liked what I've made.  Their "healtier" baked (vs. fried) eggplant parmesan is very good, I've made that often. I've also done some of the berry and apple crisps in the book.  Anyway, no fancy colored graphics, but it's a fun & funky, easy to understand book, with lots of categories and good recipes.  I'm sure there's more up to date books now, but this was like the original old hippie vegetarian's bible and still good today! 

Valued Contributor

Not a vegetarian but I just returned 

A Couple Cooks: Pretty Simple Cooking

100 Easy and Delicious Vegetarian Recipes to Make You Fall in Love—with Real Food

to the library. Copied several recipes from it and may purchase it. 

Their blog is acouplecooksdotcom
Valued Contributor

Not to be a "know-it-all", but, as a librarian, I've been trained to get the author's name right. It's Linda McCartney, and she was the late wife of Sir Paul.

Honored Contributor

@Colinka, thank you, that's who I meant.  I didn't realize I missed an N. Thanks.

Honored Contributor

At one point, Linda had a line of frozen meals based on her recipes.  I used to buy them at Whole Foods.

Her butternut squash lasagna was outstanding.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Honored Contributor

There should be plenty of vegetarian recipes online.

Respected Contributor

Re: Linda McCartney Vegetarian Cookbook

IsThis the late Linda Mccartney (Paul's) wife's cookbook. The Beatle.?