Trusted Contributor

Re: Lemon sheet cake recipe, ANYONE ????

@sarahpanda   Glad you liked them.  My Mom used to make Lemon Blossoms for our grammar school class back when there were Room Mothers and no one had ever heard of Paula Deen.  I had never thought of making them as a sheet cake until I tasted the one at church.  If you like gingerbread, I have also made mini gingerbread muffins and dunked them in the same lemon glaze. ("Back in the Day" gingerbread was always served with a lemon sauce.)

Respected Contributor

I can remember as a child, mom would fix some (box) gingerbread and then make a lemon sauce to serve over the top.  I haven't thought of that in years !!  I might have to drag up that lemon sauce recipe....it was fantastic.

Contributor

I use to work for a bakery.  Take the Duncan Hines lemon cake mix., use the recipe on the side of the box...except replace the lemon pudding with lemon jello.  You have to be more careful as the jello is more fragile.   When finished, poke large fork on top of cake....use glaze over top....soo good.   (Glaze, powder sugar mixed with lemon juice....I use more lemon juice for taste than more sugar)...Let me know if you try it.  It was one of her more popular cakes.

Respected Contributor

@ ottowatoo:  THANKS , I THINK I'LL TRY THAT TOO !!

New Contributor

Anyone...is there a way to save the recipes I like?
Honored Contributor

EEFBBEBC-80B4-471A-B616-3990F557E8EA.png

If you have a hankering and no time to bake, Entenmanns makes a great Iced Lemon Cake.

Honored Contributor

I don't make a lemon sheet cake, I make a lemon pound cake in a bundt pan.

I add a package of instant lemon pudding to lemon cake mix along with 5  large eggs, 1 cup of water and 1/3 cup of oil.  (The recipe calls for 4 large eggs - imo they are not large anymore so I've increased it by one.  If I happen to have jumbo eggs, I will use 4.

Grease and flour the pan and bake at 350 for 50 minutes.

Trusted Contributor

@DeeDee1951

If you're reading this site from a computer, do you know how to highlight onscreen text by selecting it with your mouse?  Then do a copy (EDIT>Copy or a CTRL-C).  Open a blank document in your word processor and then paste the highlighted text into the blank document (EDIT>Paste or a CTRL-V).  Then save the document into your RECIPES directory (if you have one).

If you're using a tablet or other device, sorry I don't know the procedure for those.

If you need more detailed information about doing it from a computer, let me know and I can provide more specific instructions.

Honored Contributor

@Honeybit: Brings back wonderful memories. My Mother would bake us a special treat on Sunday after church and this was one of  my favorites. Sadly when we moved, the notebook with Mom’s recipes was lost and didn’t have time to duplicate all the recipes before she died.Southern Bee 

Honored Contributor

@Mindy D: Definitely willing to try this if I can find it. DH doesn’t like anything lemon or orange and I hate to bake something just for me. I have a few times baked something lemon and then put individual slices in the freezer. Southern Bee