Honored Contributor

Reviewing my lemon recipes plus looking at new ones to decide what to make for an upcoming party. 

This looks easy, using store bought crescent rolls. 

06B1B80C-B3B3-4A46-A4A9-8506386C6BAA.jpeg

Who said indulgence couldn't be light and refreshing at the same time? Lemon Cream Cheese Bars taste like sunshine on a summer's day and are just as beautiful!

A tangy, zesty, creamy lemon and cream cheese filling nestled between two buttery layers of crescent roll, so every bite is rich, bright, and charming. Topped with lemon sugar for extra sweet citrus flavor, Lemon Cream Cheese Bars are sure to delight everyone who tries them! Everyone will be beaming as they eat these!

Time: 2 hours 5 minutes

Yield: 24 servings

Ingredients
2 (8-ounce) packages refrigerated crescent roll dough, divided 2 lemons, zested, juiced, and divided
2 (8-ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup plus 3 tablespoons white sugar, divided
2 tablespoons butter, melted

Directions
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Line the bottom of a 9x13-inch baking dish with aluminum foil and spray with cooking spray. 3. Open and unroll 1 can of the crescent roll dough.
4. Press the unrolled dough into the bottom of the prepared baking dish, stretching it to the
edges.
5. Mix the zest of 1 1/2 lemons and the juice of 2 lemons in a bowl.
6. Beat the cream cheese and 1/2 cup white sugar into the lemon juice mixture with an electric
mixer until smooth and creamy.
7. Spread the cream cheese mixture over the crescent roll dough.
8. Open and unroll the remaining can of crescent roll dough.
9. Layer the crescent dough over the cream cheese layer, gently stretching it to the edges. 10. Brush the melted butter over the top of the top crescent dough layer.
11. Mix the remaining lemon zest and white sugar in a bowl.
12. Sprinkle the lemon zest and sugar mixture over the melted butter.
13. Bake until the top is golden brown, about 30 minutes.
14. Allow the dessert to cool for 20 minutes.
15. Lift the dessert from the baking dish and transfer it to a cutting board.

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Esteemed Contributor

Love lemon bars but never make them. Let us know how the come out.

Esteemed Contributor

I like Lemon Bars - these sound easy and delicious. 

Honored Contributor

Not comfortable with crescent rolls in lemon bars. You'll have to let us know how they taste.

Respected Contributor

@AuntG wrote:

Not comfortable with crescent rolls in lemon bars. You'll have to let us know how they taste.

@AuntG, I don't think they could possibly be anything but wonderful with that amount of lemon and zest. The crescent rolls will be a wonderful crust, kinda like puff pastry without being quite as tall with the lemon sugar on top. Goodness I can't wait to try these. Heading to my online grocery cart. These may end up being better than the traditional lemon bars.

Honored Contributor

OMgosh!!! there is nothing better than a good lemon bar!!!! someone needs to bake these and then report back!!!!

Trusted Contributor

Oh these look good! We love lemon desserts!

This looks similar to a recipe I have for regular cheesecake bars using crescent rolls as the crust.  I think it's flavored with cinnamon sugar and were always good.... haven't made those in a while.

Super Contributor

Yummy 😋