Valued Contributor

Re: Lemon Artichoke Garlic Roast Chicken

Pinkdogwood.... Thank you for sharing your recipe. It sounds delicious!

SfNative.... You're so welcome! Thank you so much for your kind words. You are very kind. I really enjoy this forum and all the lovely people here. I just wish that I could 'play' more often..lol I love sharing new recipes that
(I believe) are really good. If you make this, please enjoy it. Hope you and your family are all happy and well.

Dulwich.... Hi! You're welcome. Ugh, I don't know how I missed that...lol It's 1/4 cup of olive oil. You leave the chicken pieces in the marinade. I use a zippy bag. Then pull the pieces out of the bag and place on a cookie sheet. Hope this helps. Oops.. Yes leave the skin ON :-)

Luvs.... You are so welcome! I apologize. It's a 1/4 cup of olive oil. I hope you'll try this one it's really good.

Respect....Hi! You are most welcome. Yes, it's a great combo. I was so happy to find it. It's the sumac that seems to 'pop' this one. It's a middle eastern spice that I find locally here in Michigan. Penzeys has it as well as Amazon. It has a tart lemony pepper taste. I'm not sure what to suggest to replace it. Let me think on that...lol

Have a great day ladies,

Honored Contributor

Hi LoLa,

I found the sumac at my local grocery store. I guess I just never looked! Hope to try this soon. I need to get some chicken thighs. This is a fish week end (salmon and halibut).

Highlighted
Valued Contributor

Hi DiAnne! I'm so happy that you found the sumac. I really hope you enjoy this recipe!
Esteemed Contributor

Hi LoLa,

Expected to make this last Saturday, but am still sick. Hopefully, this Saturday will work out. Can't wait!

Valued Contributor

I bought all the ingrediants except the sumac. What would happen if I left it out? Is it on the same shelf with the oreagano, thyme etc?

Frequent Contributor

Thank you for sharing this! It sounds wonderful.
Valued Contributor

Hiya sfnative! I really hope that you feel better soon! Hi Kay! The sumac has kinda a sour lemon or peppery taste. I think if you do an extra squeeze or two of lemon you'll be fine. My grocery store carries it in the spice isle and the Mediterranean section. Hi bichongal! You are very welcome! Enjoy! Ugh this iPad spacing stinks.. Sorry. :-)
Trusted Contributor

Very interesting middle eastern chicken. The spice combination looks exotic.

Honored Contributor

reposting from above, my post #9...

I googled a sub for sumac and this is what I found out...quoting the site here....

"If I am out of sumac I sometimes mix ground black pepper with lemon zest and you get a similar flavor. it is peppery and lemony sometimes I add just a dash of paprika to the mix also."

Someone else on that site suggested subbing fresh lemon juice, but this recipe already has lemon juice.

Honored Contributor

On 4/13/2015 KayKayWA said:

I bought all the ingrediants except the sumac. What would happen if I left it out? Is it on the same shelf with the oreagano, thyme etc?

I did not find it with the regular spices - it was on the same aisle in a small bag with some other unusual ingredients. If WA stands for Washington I found it a Metropolitan Market.