Honored Contributor

Leftover Turkey Casserole (Costco/Hellmans)

Costco shoppers - do you remember the annual cookbook they would give us in store as a free gift on Thanksgiving Friday/weekend???

I was so sad when they cancelled the printed cookbook several years ago Woman Sad

The books would include a range of recipes from vendors/customers/employees.  One of my family's all time fav Thanksgiving leftover recipes is this casserole from Hellmans mayonnaise. It's soooooo delicious Woman Very Happy Enjoy!!!

Leftovers get a do-over with this quick and satisfying casserole.

cq5dam.web.800.600.jpeg

INGREDIENTS
  • 4 cups (1 L) leftover prepared stuffing
  • 4 cups (1 L) coarsely chopped leftover cooked boneless, skinless turkey breast, (about 1 lb./500 g)
  • 3/4 cup (175 mL) Hellmann's® 1/2 The Fat mayonnaise-type dressing, divided
  • 1/4 cup (60 mL) whole berry cranberry sauce
  • 2 cups (500 mL) leftover mashed potatoes
  • 1 1/2 cups (375 mL) shredded low-fat mozzarella cheese

Method
  • 1) Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C). Spray a 20 cm baking dish with non-stick cooking spray. Spoon in 500mL stuffing, then top with turkey.
  • 2) Combine 50 mL Hellmann's® 1/2 The Fat mayonnaise-type dressing with cranberry sauce; evenly spread over turkey.
  • 3) Combine remaining 125 mL mayonnaise-type dressing, potatoes and cheese in large bowl. Evenly spread on turkey, then top with remaining 500 mL stuffing.
  • 4) Bake 40 minutes or until heated through. Let stand 10 minutes before serving. Garnish, if desired, with dried cranberries.

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Respected Contributor

Re: Leftover Turkey Casserole (Costco/Hellmans)

[ Edited ]

@Chi-town girl I love all those flavors together. If I have green beans and corn leftover, I am going to add those too. Thanks!

Honored Contributor

@LizzieInSRQ wrote:

@Chi-town girl I love all those flavors together. If I have green beans and corn leftover, I am going to add those too. Thanks!

@LizzieInSRQ  - great idea to add the veggies!  

The cran/mayo mixture is also good for turkey sandwiches

The mashed potato cheese topper is so good! The casserole is truly a good use of most/all of the tday leftovers. I typically use just the dark meat for the casserole and save the breast for turkey sandwiches

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Honored Contributor

You're looking for recipes for turkey leftovers - here you go @LilBitMissty

Honored Contributor

@LizzieInSRQ wrote:

@LizzieInSRQ  - I'm going to add the veggies this year. This is the BEST leftover turkey casserole! But I also want to try the noodle recipe version thst I posted.  

Honored Contributor

I will be making this recipe tomorrow with all remaining Thanksgiving Day leftovers. It's sort of the Turkey version of Shepherds Pie 😋🤤

Honored Contributor

This recipe sounds awesome.  That is the downside of not hosting Thanksgiving there aren't any leftovers.  I will make a turkey after the holidays and definitely make this with the leftovers.

Honored Contributor

@Pecky wrote:

This recipe sounds awesome.  That is the downside of not hosting Thanksgiving there aren't any leftovers.  I will make a turkey after the holidays and definitely make this with the leftovers.

@Pecky - it's a clever recipe that literally uses up all of the leftovers. I use all of the remaining turkey meat - dark and white. This year I have leftover green bean casserole bc I made a double batch and corn casserole that I will also include.