Respected Contributor

Leftover Rotisserie Chicken, Broccoli, Cheese Braided Roll

[ Edited ]

Had some leftover Costco rotisserie chicken left and a head of fresh broccoli in the frig that also needed to be used.  So, I used 2 Pillsbury Crescent Dough Sheets and made two of these braided Chicken Broccoli Cheese.  They were delicious!  Going to buy some extra Pillsbury Crescent Dough sheets to keep on hand for other leftovers. IMG_20200914_164548716.jpg Rolls.  

Cinderella is proof that a new pair of shoes can change your life!
Trusted Contributor

Re: Leftover Rotisserie Chicken, Broccoli, Cheese Braided Roll

@ciao_bella   Looks delicious!

Super Contributor

Come one now,  you made that with leftovers?

I wish I could cook ! ! ! !  That looks unreal.

@ciao_bella wrote:

Had some leftover Costco rotisserie chicken left and a head of fresh broccoli in the frig that also needed to be used.  So, I used 2 Pillsbury Crescent Dough Sheets and made two of these braided Chicken Broccoli Cheese.  They were delicious!  Going to buy some extra Pillsbury Crescent Dough sheets to keep on hand for other leftovers. IMG_20200914_164548716.jpg Rolls.  

Respected Contributor

@ciao_bella  Wow, looks delicious 😋 

Respected Contributor

@bigtraps  Seriously...it was made with a couple of cups of leftover chicken, some fresh chopped broccoli and bagged cheese along with a few seasonings and a little mayo to hold it all together.  Crack open the Pillsbury crescent dough sheets and lay them on parchment paper.  Get a knife and starting on the outside edges of both long sides of the dough, cut strips about 2 inches long and maybe 1.5 inches wide on both sides so it looks like fringe..(takes all of 2 minutes to do this).  Fill the center of the dough sheet with the mixture and then one by one place the strips over to the opposite side.  Pinch the ends so they stay.  Then brush with a little egg white and sprinkle Everything Bagel Seasoning on top.  Bake about 25 minutes. Done!  It's really very easy and you can get this results the first time...for real!  Try it!  If you want the recipe, I can post it.

Respected Contributor

Here's a picture of the inside when it was cut..IMG_20200914_165133570 (1).jpg

Honored Contributor

@ciao_bella 

I'd love the recipe or link!!

TIA!!!!!

Respected Contributor

For those who requested the recipe, here it is.  Please post back if you make it.

CHICKEN BROCCOLI CRESCENT ROLL BRAID

( THIS RECIPE MAKES 2  BRAIDED  ROLLS. EACH ROLL IS APPROX 15 INCHES LONG.) iF YOU WANT TO MAKE ONLY ONE ROLL, CUT EVERYTHING IN HALF EXCEPT THE COOKING TIME)

INGREDIENTS

• 2 cups cooked chicken, chopped
  • 1 cup fresh broccoli, chopped into small florets
  • ½ cup red bell pepper, chopped (I omit it)
  • 1 teaspoon minced garlic (I used chopped garlic in oil)
  • 4 ounces sharp cheddar cheese, shredded (I used a little more)
  • ½ cup mayonnaise
  • ½ teaspoon dried dill
  • 1 teaspoon dried onion flakes
  • ¼ teaspoon salt and fresh ground black pepper
  • 2 packages (8 oz each) crescent rolls or crescent roll dough
  • (if using crescent rolls make sure to press all seams together to form one sheet)
  • 1 egg white, lightly beaten 
  • Everything bagel seasoning

INSTRUCTIONS

• Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
  • Place Chicken, broccoli, bell pepper in mixing bowl. Add garlic. Add shredded cheese and mix. Add mayonnaise, dill, onion, salt and pepper.. then mix.
  • Unroll both tubes of crescent rolls but do not seperate. Place both packages of rolls on a parchment lined baking  cookie sheet.   Press seams together to form one long sheet of dough.  Along outer side of dough, along each of two opposite sides, cut 2 inch strips from end toward center. This will look like fringe along the two longer sides of the dough. Add filling down the center.
  • To braid, lift strips of dough, one at a time, across mixture to meet in center. Continue alternating strips to form a braid. Tuck ends up to seal at end of braid.
  • Brush each roll with egg white and sprinkle tops with Everything Bagel seasoning.
  • bake 24-28 minutes or until golden brown

**I assemble both rolls on parchment paper then you can transfer both with the parchment paper to cook next to each other on one long 15X17 inch cookie sheet.

Super Contributor

I'm gonna try it soon.

It just looks like something you would get at French bakery for like $30.

I think this should be done In The Kitchen With David this Sunday.

Trusted Contributor

@ciao_bella  O.K., so now I have to make that earthquake cake AND this one!  .....i yi yi.....

(Looks delish, thanks for posting!)