Super Contributor
I make cranberry sauce for Thanksgiving each year, and this year have leftover. Any ideas on what I can do with it? I thought about swirling it in cheesecake before baking, but would like to hear other options... Thank you.
Valued Contributor

Re: Leftover Cranberry Sauce

I love cranberry sauce! Try putting it on a sandwich instead of mayonnaise; I also put a little on a grilled cheese. Really delicious!

Valued Contributor

We always made something called Cranberry Crunch. Oatmeal, brown sugar, cranberries etc. Like a layered dessert in an 8 or 9" pan. My recipe is not in an electronic format I can copy and paste without typing it up but I did a Google search and see several similar recipes. I also like cranberry sauce on sandwiches and as a side with other types of meats.

Super Contributor

Yes, on a sandwich! Turkey breast, cranberry sauce, brie (or your favorite cheese), all on your favorite bread prepared panini style. Deelish!

Honored Contributor

I make my homemade cranberry sauce every year but not many of my guests are really cranberry fans. So its usually just my dh and I and maybe one other guest that eats it. Last year I froze it till summer and had it as jam on toast. It was yummy! I actually still had some frozen from last Thanksgiving. I thawed it, put it in a dish and it was absolutely fantastic for dinner this Thanksgiving! So I'll just be freezing mine from now on and bring it out when we have a taste for it. Smile

"Pure Michigan"
Honored Contributor

I would make an "autumnal" smoothie with soy/almond milk, cinnamon/pumpkin pie spice, canned pumpkin, and add the cranberry sauce to it.

Esteemed Contributor

I had one last serving and out it went. Yesterday I froze the leftover turkey tetrazzinni & turkey soup.

Tomorrow I get into the eggnog.

Respected Contributor

This is the dish we enjoyed this evening, using leftover Cranberry Sauce. I cannot supply the source for the recipe, I've had it for years.

Pork Tenderloin with Balsamic-Cranberry Sauce

1 ½ Tablespoons butter

1 8-to-10-ounce pork tenderloin

½ cup chopped onion

1 Tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary

½ cup chicken broth

1/3 cup canned whole berry cranberry sauce *

1 Tablespoon balsamic vinegar

Preheat oven to 450ºF. Melt ½ Tablespoon butter in heavy large ovenproof skillet over medium-high heat. Sprinkle pork with salt and pepper. Sear pork on all sides, about 2 minutes. Place skillet with pork in oven. Roast pork until thermometer inserted into center registers 155ºF, about 10 minutes.

Meanwhile, melt remaining 1 Tablespoon butter in heavy medium skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion and rosemary; sauté until onion softens, about 3 minutes. Add broth, cranberry sauce and vinegar and whisk until cranberry sauce melts, about 2 minutes.

Transfer pork to work surface. Scrape any juices from large skillet into cranberry mixture. Boil until sauce has reduced enough to coat spoon thickly, about 6 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Slice pork and serve with sauce.

Serves 2, can be doubled.

Reviewers’ notes: Took the suggestion of shallot instead of onion and doubled the sauce. Very, very good.

I used the hint from other reviewers and used 1/4 cup of white wine and 1/4 cup of chicken broth. The sauce thickened up perfectly.

* My note: Leftovers of the Cranberry / Cherry recipe we use at Thanksgiving is delicious in this sauce.

Strive for respect instead of attention. It lasts longer.
Respected Contributor

Sounds delicious! I love making my own sauce!
Sleep sweet Bo 3/19/08 8/4/18
Super Contributor

I like it on sandwiches as well but I had made a loaf of cranberry/almond bread in my Z (I make it for every holiday but my cousin always makes off with the entire loaf, so made one just for us on Saturday) - anyway, I made a bread pudding with the remaining loaf (1 egg, 1 tsp. sugar, 1 C milk, 1 tsp. vanilla for each thick slice of leftover bread plus spoonsful of the leftover homemade cranberry sauce - let it all soak together for about 10 minutes or so and then bake at 350 until "done" - you know, the clean knife in the middle deal). This would be fine with any leftover firm bread. I use skim milk and Splenda sometimes, so it's not too fattening.