Honored Contributor

@Mimi 1883 wrote:

@QVCkitty1  My mother did the same as others with cinnamon and sugar; nice treat - we kids loved them. 

Now, I will use the refrigerated pie crust and brush with melted butter, sprinkle with cinnamon/sugar mix, roll into a 'log' shape, slice (~ 1/2")  and bake. My husband Loves these and says they're like potato chips, you can't eat just one. 

@Mimi 1883 , Wow, I never thought of using ready made pie dough for these. That would make a quick and yummy treat. Thanks for the tip !

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Valued Contributor

mexican-style-empanadas-585162.jpg

Mexican Empanada's Heart

Super Contributor

My Uncle John owned the bakery.  When he had leftover pie dough or cookie dough,he rolled it out and placed my hand on dough and cut out a hand cookie.  And drew my first initial on it.  Sprinkled cinnamon sugar.  Then he'd lift me up to see my hand in oven.  

Honored Contributor

When I was a kid, we’d use the scraps to make pie crust cookies.  Nothing fancy.  Just cut in random shapes about equal in size and place on cookie sheet.  Brush with a little butter, sprinkle with cinnamon and sugar, and bake a few minutes until the edges are lightly browned.  

Honored Contributor

I make fried pies with leftover pie crust.   

Esteemed Contributor

Oh boy all these ideas and memories are amazing. I am a kitchen disaster, no rolling pin ( I use store bought pie crust) so I couldn't make dough thinner. I tried a glass realized I have no perfect glass for this. So I left it the way it was. I put some melted butter and Penzys  cinnamon sugar on it. Rolled it ( no flour, nightmare) and then cut into cookies. They were really small. Dug out parchment and put on sheet. Placed in oven. The paper started on fire and I got the pan out as it torched two of the cookies. 🤣 Then, I put the survivors on another pan, no parchment and they baked up nicely but bite size. My DH loved them. He ate them all with his coffee, he asked what burnt? I'm not telling him. 🤣🤣🤣 

Trusted Contributor

I do the same as my Mom did. I either make a cocoa roll out of it..or I use the cinamon sugar.

Esteemed Contributor

@godi wrote:

Oh boy all these ideas and memories are amazing. I am a kitchen disaster, no rolling pin ( I use store bought pie crust) so I couldn't make dough thinner. I tried a glass realized I have no perfect glass for this. So I left it the way it was. I put some melted butter and Penzys  cinnamon sugar on it. Rolled it ( no flour, nightmare) and then cut into cookies. They were really small. Dug out parchment and put on sheet. Placed in oven. The paper started on fire and I got the pan out as it torched two of the cookies. 🤣 Then, I put the survivors on another pan, no parchment and they baked up nicely but bite size. My DH loved them. He ate them all with his coffee, he asked what burnt? I'm not telling him. 🤣🤣🤣 

@godi, LOL....you had me laughing out loud with your description! I'm still chuckling!

Valued Contributor

My mother would roll out the left over dough, spread with sugar and cinnamon and roll up all in one piece. Then she would cut almost all the way through at one inch intervals. Then bake until golden brown. It was easy to break off a piece and delicious. She used to call them "rig-a-majigs". 

Esteemed Contributor

@godi wrote:

LOL, I've set parchment paper on fire in the oven too!

I bet the cookies that didn't burn were delish!