Honored Contributor

Re: LUCY'S STICKY HAM SANDWICHES

@jannabelle1 

I just wanted to add that I squeezed the rolls very tightly into a pan so none of the sauce would seep out and I spread it on top of the rolls with a spatula so that every one was covered before I put in the fridge.  

Trusted Contributor

I made these sandwiches for dinner and they were delicious. My hubby was wondering how good could it be, but he loved them and wants me to make them again. Thanks for the recipe, it is a keeper. 

Trusted Contributor

Here's a pic I grabbed off the website.  I always like to see what the product looks like.

Siri Daly Siriously Delicious

Honored Contributor

@miata1 wrote:

I made these sandwiches for dinner and they were delicious. My hubby was wondering how good could it be, but he loved them and wants me to make them again. Thanks for the recipe, it is a keeper. 

@miata1 

I am so glad you liked them and thanks for taking the time to let me know.  

Honored Contributor

we make these all the time and switch out the ham for turkey or chicken sometimes. we call them hawaiian sliders. try swapping out sesame seeds for the poppy seeds on top. they are always a big hit and so simple to make. bet you could make them vegetarian also.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

I think a Ruben would also be good (Swiss and pastrami with kraut). I am going to make these for our next church potluck

Trusted Contributor

Just had to let you know that I made these for dinner the second time tonight and they tasted even better.  Don't know that I did anything different but they taste so good. Thanks again. Its fun to try new recipes.  We get tired having chicken all the time.

Honored Contributor

Thank you for posting thie recipe! Made tomato soup the other day and had these on the side; EVERYONE loved them.  Adding it to my box.  )

Honored Contributor

@SahmIam 

Glad you enjoyed them.  That is how I served them with soup.  

Respected Contributor

@DiAnne I find a recipe and and make my own. Sometimes it's amazing how good a tweek can be. And alot of the cook shows say use what evers on hand. That is a good idea to me because I might not like certain ingredients suggest in their recipe and that way I haven't wasted money. I like to get extra sauses when I go to get a sandwich, and that saves me on a senior budget. My husband and I have mostly different tastes.