Honored Contributor

LINGUINE WITH SHRIMP, ASPARAGUS & TOMATOES (Giada De Laurentiis)

With asparagus in season, I'm looking for main course recipes.  Tnis looks delicious Heart and easy 

20180419_202209_10358_6604-768x1152.jpeg

Serves 4

INGREDIENTS:

• Kosher salt
  • 1 pound linguine
  • 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
  • Two 12-ounce bags cherry tomatoes stemmed and halved
  • 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
  • 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
  • 1/2 teaspoon dried crushed red pepper
  • 3 large cloves garlic flattened and chopped
  • 1/2 cup dry white wine
  • 1 pound asparagus trimmed, stalks cut on a diagonal into 1 to 1 1/2-inch pieces
  • 1 pound large shrimp peeled and deveined
  • 1/2 cup chopped fresh basil
  • 1/2 cup chopped fresh mint
  • 2 teaspoons chopped fresh oregano

INSTRUCTIONS:
  • Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil over high heat. Add the pasta and cook until tender but still firm to the bite, stirring occasionally, 8 to 10 minutes. Drain and place in a large bowl.
  • Heat the oil in a large deep skillet over medium-high heat. Add the tomatoes, 1/4 teaspoon of salt and 1/4 teaspoon of black pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, until softened, about 2 minutes. Add the crushed red pepper flakes and garlic. Cook for 30 seconds until aromatic. Add the wine and asparagus. Bring to a boil and simmer for 5 minutes.
  • Sprinkle the shrimp with the remaining 1/4 teaspoon of salt and 1/4 teaspoon black pepper. Add the shrimp to the pan and continue to simmer until the shrimp is cooked through, 5 to 7 minutes. Stir in the basil, mint and oregano.
  • Pour the sauce over the pasta and toss to combine. Serve immediately.

NUTRITION:

Calories: 436 | Carbohydrates: 48g | Protein: 34g | Fat: 10g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 286mg | Sodium: 1196mg | Potassium: 771mg | Fiber: 6g | Sugar: 7g | Vitamin A: 1689IU | Vitamin C: 50mg | Calcium: 225mg | Iron: 8mg

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
New Contributor

Re: LINGUINE WITH SHRIMP, ASPARAGUS & TOMATOES (Giada De Laurentiis)

This looks delicious!  Thanks for sharing.  I find Giana's recipes to be winners.  She has an asparagus frittata recipe food network.com that I like a lot.

Honored Contributor

Re: LINGUINE WITH SHRIMP, ASPARAGUS & TOMATOES (Giada De Laurentiis)

@Nebrquilter wrote:

This looks delicious!  Thanks for sharing.  I find Giana's recipes to be winners.  She has an asparagus frittata recipe food network.com that I like a lot.

@Nebrquilter  -  yum, this too looks delicious!  Thank you!  I have 3 lbs of asparagus in the refrigerator. 

Frittata with Asparagus, Tomato, and Fontina

1371597400965.jpeg

Ingredients

6 large eggs

2 tablespoons whipping cream

1/2 teaspoon salt, plus a pinch

1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper

1 tablespoon olive oil

1 tablespoon butter

12 ounces asparagus, trimmed, cut into 1/4 to 1/2-inch pieces

1 tomato, seeded, diced

Salt

3 ounces Fontina, diced

Directions

Preheat the broiler. Whisk the eggs, cream, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and pepper in a medium bowl to blend. Set aside.

Heat the oil and butter in a 9 1/2-inch-diameter nonstick ovenproof skillet over medium heat. Add the asparagus and saute until crisp-tender, about 2 minutes.

Raise the heat to medium-high. Add the tomato and a pinch of salt and saute 2 minutes longer. Pour the egg mixture over the asparagus mixture and cook for a few minutes until the eggs start to set.

Sprinkle with cheese. Reduce heat to medium-low and cook until the frittata is almost set but the top is still runny, about 2 minutes.

Place the skillet under the broiler. Broil until the top is set and golden brown on top, about 5 minutes. Let the frittata stand 2 minutes.

Using a rubber spatula, loosen the frittata from skillet and slide the frittata onto a plate.

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri