Honored Contributor

Krispy Kreme cake mix

[ Edited ]

Ok this is the first I've seen, but Betty Crocker has a new cake mix.   Krispy Kreme cake with original glaze.    I saw it in Walmart, almost bought 1 just to try.   I'm still tempted.  It's a bundt cake mix.

cake

Respected Contributor

@software that's a pretty steep price for a box mix.

Honored Contributor

@software

Love Krispy Kreme donuts! Let us know how this mix is when you try it!

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Respected Contributor

Re: Krispy Kreme cake mix

[ Edited ]

You're paying extra for the use of namebrand "Krispy Kreme."  I think for a new product on the shelf, $2.84/box isn't pricey.

Honored Contributor

I may try it. Their glazed donuts are super sweet IMO. Since it's a bundt cake I don't think it would be overly sweet.

Trusted Contributor

Re: Krispy Kreme cake mix

[ Edited ]

@software wrote:

Ok this is the first I've seen, but Betty Crocker has a new cake mix.   Krispy Kreme cake with original glaze.    I saw it in Walmart, almost bought 1 just to try.   I'm still tempted.  It's a bundt cake mix.

cake

I bought 2 boxes of this mix last year.  It has a nut meggy aftertaste.  I was using this mix for 2 Nordic Ware lamb and bunny cake molds.  For those that shop a TJ Maxx and Home Goods  - they where the 3d standing Easter molds that where sold in 2016.

It is okay - I have yet to use the 2nd box.  I really like the pound cake texture better and I used whipped cream cheese icing with coconut (pressed onto the icing).

Those cakes where delicous !  This year I may color the coconut ... still on the fence with that idea since I place the actual cake on Easter grass.

Respected Contributor

I never found them last year and I live where Krispy Kreme started.  Go figure.  There was  a blog about this last year and many complaints of it not tasting like the donuts. 

Valued Contributor

I tried this cake mix last year, couldn't resist. I used a portion of the frosting and it was so sweet and did leave an aftertaste. I was hopeful but just couldn't eat it and that's rare for me as I am a sweet eater. 

Honored Contributor

I'm not so fond of Krispy Kreme Donuts that I'd want a cake that tastes like them.  I'd rather have a cake that tastes like cake. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

I made it well over a year ago and I too feel it had an after taste and also a taste of used frying grease.